PDA

View Full Version : Here's my sweet story of the week. Anyone else care to share?

barbarhow
08-31-2004, 09:41 PM
Sometimes I just can't believe how sweet my bugaboo is. I was sitting here on the boards when DS woke up screaming. He has done this once or twice in the past few weeks. The other times seem to have been night terrors. Tonight, though, he seemed to be comforted by me-but did not want to be out of my arms. I laid down on the bed with him and started rubbing his back. After about 20 minutes I thought he had fallen asleep so I slowed down the rubbing and eventually stopped. he reached his hand down and picked up my hand to put it back on his back. It was so sweet. He is now back sleeping soundly again. Sometimes I am so amazed at how filled my heart is with love for this guy.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

Raidra
08-31-2004, 09:45 PM
Our sweetest moment so far this week was when Colwyn decided to "share" the block he was eating by trying to put it in my mouth. I don't know if that's really sweet.. ;)

Our funny moment was yesterday when I was saying "Colwyn is eating" while signing eat and nodding my head. Colwyn decided that was the opportune moment to practice a new skill - shaking his head no. :) We had quite a long "argument" with me nodding my head, saying "Yes, you are eating!" and him shaking his head no the whole time.

snp624
08-31-2004, 10:04 PM
Whenever I hug DH (or DH hugs me), DD claps her hands and say "YEAHHHHH....!", then lifts both of her hands up in the air and goes again, "YEAHHHHHH....!!"

Also when I'm changing her diaper, she grabs my left arm and place my elbow against her cheek. So cute!

billysmommy
08-31-2004, 10:48 PM
Billy has really started hugging us back...tonight I was lying on my back on the floor reading him a book when he got up and crawled onto my chest, put his arms around me and hugged me while saying "ahhhhhhhhh". It was the sweetest thing and totally made my night :)

hjdong
08-31-2004, 10:57 PM
When I sneezed today, Jamie said, "Bless you Momma." Perhaps it doesn't sound like a big deal, but he's only been using three word sentences for about a week and it was completely out of the blue with no prompting at all. It also reminded me how closely he is ALWAYS listening . . .

He also just started using "please" regularly. I'm a sucker for manners!

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-31-2004, 11:53 PM
OH so adorable!!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/18/05 as of 8/24 kicking and moving arms via sono, very active.
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine, I171A from INS has arrived, dossier to Ukraine next week!!!!!!

Saartje
08-31-2004, 11:59 PM
Earlier today, DH was holding Isaac across the room from me. I stretched with my arms above my head... and Isaac opened his eye wide and raised his arms above his head, too. Then he dropped his arms again and laughed out loud.

jec2
09-01-2004, 12:26 AM
Aaaw, barbara, that is so sweet. My little monkey-bug has very recently taken to reaching and grabbing my hand while he's having his before-bed nursing. As he's reaching for it, he's trying to direct it and does so by swinging it down on his leg. If I don't respond by swinging his hand up to my mouth and kiss it, then he sort of gets frustrated and tugs my hand as if to say, "hey, play the hand-kissing game with me mama." So, I swing his hand up to kiss it then back down, and up to kiss it, then back down, then up, etc. He usually starts giggling. If I stop before he's ready, he'll grab my hand and tug it as if to say, "more hand kissing."

himom
09-01-2004, 07:54 AM
I spent a lot of the day cleaning in weird places, so a couple of times I was lying flat on my belly with my head under the bed, half in the closet etc. Everytime I did this Josh would come over, sit on my butt, then start giggling madly. He probably thought Mommy was playing some fun new game. :)

His new word is "hug." He demands them periodically, and we are of course happy to dispense them whenever he wants! His favorite thing is to hug one of us then reach out an arm and yell "hug" to the other one. Then he grips us both tightly around the neck and alternates giving us kisses as we have our big group hug. I LOVE IT! It's the happiest time in the world, IMHO.

Jodi
Mommy to Joshua, born February 2003

momathome
09-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Kasey was cuddled up beside me on the couch the other day and she said, "Mama, you're my best friend!" Talk about making my day... :)

babymama
09-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Last night, I didn't get a chance to change out of my work clothes before feeding, bathing, and putting Santiago to sleep. I had on a dress made of silky fabric. When I'm rocking Santiago to sleep, I usually softly massage his arms & legs and hold him close. Forgot how much Santiago loves to feel satiny material (loves my satiny pillowcase). So as I was massaging him, he started rubbing the dress just below my neck to feel the satiny material and as if to massage me back. He's done this a few times before (especially with soft fabrics), but last night was just so sweet. It's really cute the way he does it, too. His hand is totally open and he uses the palm of his hand and rubs back and forth really fast. So there sitting there in the glider both falling asleep massaging each other.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03
http://lilypie.com/baby1/041116/0/6/1/-6/.png