i hope that worked:)

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

i was really hoping to see some bald heads. am i the only one dissapointed with last nights episode? do you think that the "predetermined non-elimination rounds" are really predetermined.
that said, chip and kim are definately my favorites at this point. glad to see that colin is still entertaining us with his wacko, self-important, napoleonic complex- affected self. but, i do feel sorry for christie. it looks like she may let him have it next week .

babymama
09-01-2004, 11:17 AM
The show aired an hour early here, and I had NO idea...so we're flipping channels about 30 minutes before the regular program time, and DAMN! we missed the first 30 minutes of the show!!! We picked up when Phil was explaining the fast forward and when teams were arriving at the Yield sign.

I guess there's no way to know if the non-elimination rounds are truly predetermined. I had never thought about that. Bummed when I heard Phil say it was non-elimination.

I sooooooo wanted to see Nicole gone from the race. She's so whiny and annoying. I do have better respect for Brandon after last night's episode. Though, I do think he lets Nicky take the lead without offering his own opinion too much of the time. I still don't want them to win. They should have shaved their heads!!! Not like it doesn't grow back! I'm assuming their doing the race to help their modeling careers. I think that if they were truly doing the race to win, they would have shaved their heads (to be in first place).

How did Christie let Colin "have it" ? I missed it! Was anyone else gagging when he flexed his muscle on the bus or when he threatened the guy on the train? hello, junior high!

I thought it was great that the bowling moms did as well as they did. For all the bad luck they've had, they also benefit from other people's missteps. I agreed with Karen that Linda needed to stop complaining and just focus on the race. I am totally surprised that they've made it this far. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go next, although I say that almost every week.

Though it was funny when Kim (of Chip & Kim) pointed out that Chip made her push the car while he sat inside. I was think ing the same thing...why is HE inside? he's so much heavier than she is.

Twins...I missed the whole first half of the show, so I am curious about how they managed with no money. I thought it was really absurd when the one twin said she could make the bricks better than the other. They are so mean to each other. Can they be any more dingy? I think it's sheer luck that they've made it this far. If they were any less fit, they would have imploded long ago.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03
http://lilypie.com/baby1/041116/0/6/1/-6/.png

NEVE and TRISTAN
09-01-2004, 11:27 AM
I missed 15 mintues of it due to it being an hour earlier...

I doubt the eliminations are not predetermined for I think they would have help onto the Baltimore twins over anyone if they could have. Gosh I miss them!!!!

If Colin wins I will cry.
Love Chip and Kim but I have to say I would much rather Steve be steering that car then me in those streets, how dangerous is that???? So I think Chip did the right thing especially seeing how non attentive Kim can be....that seemed so much scarier than they showed...

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/18/05 as of 8/24 kicking and moving arms via sono, very active.
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine, I171A from INS has arrived, dossier to Ukraine next week!!!!!!

mabuckles
09-01-2004, 11:31 AM
So does anyone watch the show and imagine what they would do if they were a contestant? My husband I do that each week. So the question last night was would you shave your head? I said I would. It would be awful and I am sure I would look fairly scary without hair but I wouldn't chance getting eliminated based on my vanity.

So would shave your head if you were in the race?

amazz
09-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Totally wanted to see them shave their heads!!! :(

And 2 weeks in a row of non-elimination? Yeah, right. Two of the most annoying teams should have been GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

How gross were the twins last night? They weren't very smart (BIG SHOCK) following that guy who was like, "OMG, Twins!" They are lucky he actually led them to the right place and not to some seedy dive.

I think the longer the race goes on, the more peoples' "real" personalities come out. Colin gets more volatile each week and I'm just waiting for him to self-destruct. I was cracking up when he got so mad about the bricks. The bowling moms have been one of my favorites but this week they really got on my nerves! They were too whiney and how can you leave your bag with your passports at the water slide?!! I think Chip and Kim have mellowed over this season, which seems counterintuitive, but like one of them said, they are taking this as a second honeymoon. They seem less stressed and seem to be enjoying themselves more than anyone else. Even when they messed up, they just went back and did what they needed to do. They didn't yell at each other or blame each other. I think that was great. So I guess I am rooting for them now. :)

Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

MelissaTC
09-01-2004, 12:07 PM
I look forward to this thread every week. :)

I was disappointed with last night's episode as well. I really wanted Nicole and Brandon to shave their heads. DH and I were talking about it and we totally would have done it. At first I said no and then he reminded me I could wear a hat or a scarf. I hadn't thought of that and immediately agreed I would shave my head then.

I think Colin is a total a$#! UGH! I thought he was so so so so so RUDE when he was making the comments about Calcutta. At least Christie scolded him for it. I thought it was nice how the Bowling Moms were talking about how beautiful the women in Calcutta looked and how gorgeous their clothing was. :)

Chip and Kim are still our favorites. I like the way they are getting along and treating everyone they meet. They are so respectful and kind.

I think the Twins lead a charmed life, I swear. I so want them to go home. They are ANNOYING!

Looking forward to next week when someone actually goes home!!

p.s. I miss Charla and Mirna too!

cinrein
09-01-2004, 01:29 PM
I did think it amusing that Brandon and Nicole used each other as an excuse for not shaving their heads (he's a model and needs his hair/her hair is too gorgeous to let anyone touch). Blech! Admit you are both way too vain and get over it! Plus not to be catty, but I can't believe Nicole is a model! (meow)

Chip and Kim are my favorites now. I wouldn't be sad if the Bowling Mom's won, but I prefer Chip and Kim.

Colin and Christie are just sad. Twins are still idiots.

On the predetermined non-elimination round---didn't you catch how Brandon thinks it's a message from God that they are meant to stay in the race. I guess if anyone else had come in 5th, it would have been an elimination since God doesn't want that team to win a million dollars. :)

Cindy and Anna February 2003

stillplayswithbarbies
09-01-2004, 01:48 PM
Did you catch how he said "this was one of THREE predetermined non-elimination rounds" which means all rounds from now on are elimination, since we have already had three.

I totally would have shaved my head. I'm surprised they didn't do it, but then again I'm not surprised.

Who do you think WOULD have shaved their heads?
Chip and Kim - yes
Bowling moms - probably
Twins - no way
Colin and Christie - no. He would have yelled and she would have whined but there would have been no head shaving

I really liked the challenges this time. The brick making was very cool because it was hard to do even though it looked easy. The head shaving thing could have really turned this race upside down. I wonder if it was non-elimination, due to how challenging it was?

I thought the ride on the train was hilarious. Poor Nichole was right there at arm pit level!

The bowling moms didn't look like they were having too much fun this time. I think maybe they are about done for.

I still want Chip and Kim or the bowling moms to win it.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

RwnMayfair
09-01-2004, 01:50 PM
I was so upset when it was yet another non-elimination round! Now granted, my first preference to go would be Colin and Christie, but I would have been happy with the models going too. They still get on my nerves. Plus, it just seemed disappointing to have two non-elimination rounds in a row.

I was also rather disappointed when the models wouldn't shave their heads. That would have been so entertaining! But I guess it doesn't really surprise me that they wouldn't either, they both have seemed rather vain and whatnot the whole time. But man, were their reasons stupid!

And Colin is still an absolutely huge jerk. (I'd use another word, but I suspect it'd be a bit too strong for here...) Why, oh why, can't he and Christie lose? And why, oh why can't she just stand up for herself? Sure, she made a comment when he was making insulting comments about everything, but she rarely does it and always ends up backing down when he snaps at her for saying anything against him. I sincerely hope that next week she really does stand up for herself, and that it's not just creative editing and comments on the part of the preview. If nothing else though, I really, really hope they don't win. I can't stand that jerk!

I'm still rooting for Chip and Kim! I love how they managed to get through the whole thing without making the biting comments at each other like some of the other teams do. Sometimes he's just way too nice to the other teams though, like when he yelled out to Colin and Christie about where the clue was. But at the same time, it's nice that he is a nice guy, considering how few of the rest of them are that nice to the other teams! (Of course, Colin doesn't deserve that niceness, but still...)

Anyway, hopefully next week will be a little less disappointing.

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/041120/0/15/0/-5/.png

babymama
09-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Did I hear wrong? I thought I heard him say one of *4* non-elimination stops.

I like you're question about who would shave their heards.

I think almost every team except for Colin/Christy and Brandon/Nicole would have done it.

I totally would have done it (though, it would be one scary sight!).

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03
http://lilypie.com/baby1/041116/0/6/1/-6/.png

stillplayswithbarbies
09-01-2004, 02:09 PM
>Did I hear wrong? I thought I heard him say one of *4*
>non-elimination stops.
>

Maybe I heard wrong. Did anyone else hear what he said?

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

bluej
09-01-2004, 02:23 PM
"Colin and Christie - no. He would have yelled and she would have whined but there would have been no head shaving"

I don't know. It would be interesting to see what would win out...Colin's competiveness or his vanity!

darby24
09-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Yup, there are 4. They always use the last one when they're down to three teams, so second to last episode.

Next week is elimination.

NEVE and TRISTAN
09-01-2004, 02:37 PM
I thought I heard 4 too...

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/18/05 as of 8/24 kicking and moving arms via sono, very active.
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine, I171A from INS has arrived, dossier to Ukraine next week!!!!!!

emilyf
09-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Brandon and Nicole are so lame for not shaving their heads, I mean it almost cost them a million dollars. In fact, it still may have. I mean get over it. I would do it in a second, sure you would look ridiculous for a while but think of how much easier it would be with no hair for a while! I thought it was funny that pushing the taxis took about 2 seconds with all those people helping. I wonder if the producers realized it would happen that way when they set it up. I loved how the moms totally rocked at making the bricks, "it's just like making bread!". Anyway, I'm mad that the twins and models were saved by 2 non-elimination rounds in a row after Charla and Mirna were eliminated, I miss them too! Do you think they would have shaved their heads? I'm guessing Charla would, but Mirna is a bit of a wild card-vain, but maybe competitive enough? Anyway, not the best episode-go moms, go chip and kim!
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

amp
09-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Gosh dangit! I am bound and determined to miss this show! This is the 3rd freakin' episode I have missed. I checked at 9 pm and saw all convention stuff on. Never occured to me I missed it earlier. Arrrggh! Maybe I should just give up on watching it......

KrisM
09-01-2004, 04:53 PM
For all those who missed the show, or part of the show, it airs again on Saturday night at 8PM eastern time.

Kris

Jeanmick
09-01-2004, 06:36 PM
I, too was very disappointed that it was another non-elimination round. My opinions and observations will be probably be very similar to PPs (I've not read all responses, so sorry if I say the same thing), but here's my two cents worth anyway:

1. Brandon and Nicole: Man, I was hoping they'd go home yesterday. DH and I would have gone ahead and shaved our heads. Hair does grow back and besides, that's what hats and scarves are for. But then I thought, these two are in the business of "looks" so I would guess that jobs would be scarce while their hair grows back. And the statement she made about "those church-looking things" being on every street corner, "like a Starbucks." WTF was that comment all about? A little hypocritical of Nicole (i.e., vanity, lack of compassion/understanding for locals) since she wears her "religiousness" on her sleeve and all that. JMHO. I actually liked Brandon in this episode, though.

2. Twins: I just about choked on my soda when I heard the twins saying that they'll do ANYTHING and use their sexuality (what sexuality) to get cash. Bleech! And boy, they are disrespectful to each other, especially during the brick making session. They've got to go soon....pleeeeeese!

3. Bowling Moms: Is it just me, or is Linda (the blonde) starting to really become irritating? When Karen was bitching about Linda constantly whining, I so felt for her. I also think that they were duped when the taxi driver was trying to get money from them, but Linda's attitude really sucked. I probably would've just paid them, steamed for a while, then got over it. Especially in a country like Dubai. You never know what civil rights you may (or may not have).

4. Colin and Christie: Ahhhrgh! They're still in the running AND they came in first, AGAIN! Can't stand them, but hopefully, Christie will stick it to him next week (knowing her, she'll probably retract her statement).

5. Chip and Kim: I've liked these two since the first episode and I admire them even more as the series continues. They seem to really enjoy each other and are truly respectful and kind to one another. Well, Kim did have jab at Chip for riding in the taxi, but I agree with a PP that driving that taxi was probably harder than it looked. I'd be scared to be behind the wheel of that thing, possibly running over someone. No thanks.

That water slide they took at the hotel in Dubai seemed like SOOOOO much fun! I remember seeing a program about the hotel and slide on the Travel Channel. Decadent!!!

BTW, I finally got my DH to watch a show with me, after forcing him to listen to my recaps every week. I think I've hooked him. It's payback after he hooked me on to "The Apprentice". Can't wait for THAT show to start! Yes, I have no life. :P

'Til next week,