PDA

View Full Version : OT: ISO a decent handheld cordless vacuum

JacksMommy
09-01-2004, 03:26 PM
I'm desperately seeking a good cordless handheld vacuum but am feeling totally overwhelmed by the options. Real Simple recommended the Shark but I've read about problems with its battery power and plus, at $60, it's kind pricey. If any of you ladies have had good luck with any cordless suckers (:)) I'd love to hear about it. And if you've had your shark more than six months and still think it's to die for, I'd love to hear about that, too.

I have this concept that this will be my lifesaver since DH kind of has a thing about neatness and I hate dragging out the vacuum cleaner for any little spill (don't worry, DH absolutely does his share - I'm the messy one and looking to make things a little more convenient.)

Please help!

Laurel
Working Mama to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD #2 12/24/02

khakismom
09-01-2004, 05:47 PM
I don't know how good it is but I saw a Black & Decker number that normally retails at $60 that will be $30 starting next Tuesday at Tuesday morning. I am so sick of spending oodles of time cleaning up all the food off the floor from my 2 little monkeys that I am treating myself to a new little toy to make my life easier. :)

jbowman
09-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Laurel,

I think there was a thread on this not long ago (just do an advanced search). If I can find it, I'll post it!

JacksMommy
09-01-2004, 05:52 PM
I acutally did do an advanced search for handheld AND vacuum, but no luck. Maybe I'll just try "vacuum" and sort through. If you can find the link, that'd be awesome.

Laurel
EDD #2 12/24/02

jbowman
09-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Laurel,

Just found it:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=37&topic_id=110937&mesg_id=110937&listing_type=search

HTH!

JacksMommy
09-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Thanks, Jill!

Laurel
EDD #2 12/24/02

Emmas Mom
09-01-2004, 05:58 PM
We have this one (though it didn't come with the free auto vac when I bought it :( ):

EDITED: ok the link isn't working but go to the Home Depot website & type in "dustbuster" in the search box (top right corner), there's only one online. We like it a lot.

http://www.homedepot.com

jbowman
09-01-2004, 06:00 PM
Laurel,

As I think I stated in the previous thread, we purchased a "mid-range" Dustbuster--not too expensive, but not the cheapest one!

suribear
09-01-2004, 06:10 PM
I posted recently about this. I ended up getting the Shark stick vac at Linens at Things. I finally decided on this one because I didn't want to bend over all the time, and so far I love it! I just keep it in the charger.
Sometimes I have to tilt it a little to pick up bigger pieces, but it's still easier for me than bending. Yes, I am lazy LOL
Kris

Momof3Labs
09-01-2004, 10:56 PM
I've used Dustbusters for years now, and they are a decent compromise between performance and reasonable price. I do have to replace them every few years, but ours get a lot of use (see my screen name)!!

zuzu
09-01-2004, 11:24 PM
We bought a Shark a few years ago, but it won't keep a charge long enough to use for more than a minute at a time (if we're lucky!), even though we keep it charging all the time. Maybe they've improved, but I'm more inclined to go with something else this time around.

We've talked of getting a new one, so thanks for starting the post.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

cmyk
09-02-2004, 12:41 AM
I love love love my Eureka "The Boss" cordless vac (model 96B). I even bought two, just in case one died. I've had it for over two years now, and I run it almost every day. It was around $40.

Shelley