PDA

View Full Version : Oh my!!!!! Thank you all!! From Jen of Mom and Me

JenBackus
09-02-2004, 01:31 AM
My dear friends,

As I sit here tonight with kids finally asleep, I don't even know how to begin to thank you for your incredible gift. We started out our day as usual when heading to Seattle, rushing around to get everything ready, getting kids into the car, grabbing coffee and the mail on the way out of town. Except when I got the mail today there was something so incredible, so wonderful and such an answer to prayer that if I hadn't been sitting down already, I would have fell over backwards. Good thing I was sitting because of the tears, lots of tears....joy, surprise.... Samuel loved the card and the babies are so beautiful! It was so cool. He loves babies. And your pin is so wonderful. And my favorite color too. I will wear this proudly feeling all the love and support from you all.

I have had this gift all day and I still am pretty speechless, which for me, is saying a lot. Oh, my gosh, I don't know how you all did it! I cannot believe you could raise that much money and honestly our family feels so very honored that you would want to help us in such a huge way. You have all been so very kind to us both when our business was actually functional and now, to my Samuel, who has received many gifts from people who specificly identify themselves as being from here. A few of you actually alerted me that something was "cooking" over here for us, but I had no idea what. Thanks to the person who steered me to the right board to thank you all! Wow, I am still floored and feel completely inadequate as I write this note of thanks. So many of you have become wonderful friends even before Samuel got sick and I have always been thankful for that. But so many of you I don't know and I am so incredibly touched that you would want to help us. Thank you.

Your timing could not have been better and I say this was an answer to prayer because we were literally down to our last hundred bucks. Neither of us are working, and the thought of working right now seems incredibly difficult given our situation. Our bills were due in double amounts and we had no clue where that money would come from. We went to Seattle today, we will be going back early next week for a few day stay for another surgery. Daniel's birthday is coming up...on and on. Your gift is simply so touching, and perfect timing. I am just awe stricken that you all have done such a wonderful thing for us, wow, wow, wow!

I got this note pretty early into Samuel's illness and it has stayed with me all this time. I posted it on Samuel's update page but I want to share it here....

"I think if the world was fair, Mommies and Daddies who have to go through this would get all their expenses paid for the duration of the illness, and the child who had to endure the illness would get free ice cream forever, free college, and a very nice house to live in when he grows up!"

You ALL have helped this to happen for us. We will be able to spend the next several weeks at least home with Samuel because of you all. That is so awesome. When I got that note early on, I really did not realize how true it would be for us. If I went back to the beginning and started over and someone told me all we would have to endure, all Samuel would endure, I would have never believed it. You don't just stop working for four months without a LOT of help. You have all helped us so much, from early on to this incredible gift now. Please know that we are just so thrilled, so incredibly happy and honored by this. You all have helped us to be able to care for our boy who we love so much. You have made it possible for us to continue to be with him no matter what. And we know he would be dead today if we were not by his side always when at the hospital.

Thank you for easing this burden from our minds. Thank you for your generosity. Thank you for being givers, loving kind people who want to help a complete stranger. That says a lot. This is an outstanding community of people and we are so very grateful. Thank you for caring about Samuel, reading the updates and your continued thoughts and prayers. I am so touched that so many care for Samuel, love him, though have never met him.

I hope that this note will get our heartfelt thanks across. Sometimes writing feels so inadequate when you are trying to thank people for something when they have no way of knowing just how much it helps, or means.

We send our thanks, our love, hugs and pray God's blessing cover you and yours in a huge way too. You are an awesome group I wish I had the time to get to know on a friend basis rather than a business one. Thanks so very much!

With tears of joy....

Jen and Mark Backus
Samuel, Kaysha, Daniel and Anna

deborah_r
09-02-2004, 02:43 AM
(Just bumping! Want to make sure this does not get lost!)

mudder17
09-02-2004, 07:37 AM
Wow! What a beautiful note! Brings tears to my eyes....

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
born 22 February 2004

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050222/2/16/0/+10/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 6 months and counting

http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya

sugarsnappea
09-02-2004, 07:46 AM
:)

My eyes are tearing too.

brigmaman
09-02-2004, 08:11 AM
Wish we could do more...
Hug your family for us, Jen!

rrosen
09-02-2004, 08:55 AM
Please keep this bumped up today.

Thank you,

Rachels
09-02-2004, 09:02 AM
I'll pin it. Much love to this family...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

jbowman
09-02-2004, 09:08 AM
What a lovely note!

amp
09-02-2004, 09:31 AM
A beautiful note that has me crying also. I'm glad it has helped your in some small way! Lots of hugs from all of us!

mharling
09-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Jen -
I know I speak for all of us when I say you are so very welcome. I cried reading your post and am so glad this can help you in so many ways. We'll keep the prayers coming too. :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

MartiesMom2B
09-02-2004, 10:51 AM
I'm so glad that we could help you out some. God Bless you and your family. You are so strong and are admirable.

-Sonia

miki
09-02-2004, 11:07 AM
SO glad we could help your family! Jen, I carry the pouch you made for my daughter every day and your family is always in my thoughts.

McQ
09-02-2004, 11:52 AM
This brings tears to my eyes too. So wish there was more we could do. From our hearts to yours...

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

NEVE and TRISTAN
09-02-2004, 11:56 AM
OH Jen...huge hugs to you and your family!!!!
Now that we all are grabbing for the tissue, this is the greatest community and you have touched so many of our lives. You are such a marvelous mommy!!!!!
Please enjoy your time with your family and know that we so wish we could take all of the heaviness in your heart away.
In the picture college Tristan is sporting his Sam's Fitteds that you made him, granted they have a cover on them but under that communion gown he flipped it up to show of his diapers that you made him in little Sam's name!!!!

We love you dearly!!!!
Hugs to you and the family!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/18/05 as of 8/24 kicking and moving arms via sono, very active.
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine, I171A from INS has arrived, dossier to Ukraine next week!!!!!!

deborah_r
09-02-2004, 11:56 AM
I wasn't sure about posting a response last night (hence my "bump" with no comments) because I was afraid of taking away from Jen's message, but now I'd like to jump in with the crowd and say a big "Your welcome" to Jen! I am so happy we were able to help you in some way, and I'm glad it came at a time when you really will find it helpful! And your note is so much more than adequate, so please don't worry about that!

Jen, I use your pouch sling almost everyday, it makes my life so much easier and keeps my baby boy content, and I think of you and Samuel and family everytime I use it! You are all so strong and I will keep praying for the best for you all!

llcoddington
09-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Jen,

I think I can speak for all of us that we had FUN doing this!

Please know that I am praying for you and Samuel and your family. I am praying that Samuel will be healed and that God will give you strength for each day and the peace that only He can give. Proverbs 3:5&6

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

sntm
09-02-2004, 12:43 PM
No need for thanks. The picture of Samuel on your website in the jumper would have made it all worthwhile. I'm so glad that he looks like he will be one of the survivors, and that your family hasn't been torn apart in the process.

My biggest love, hope, and prayers for you family.

(And, God forbid Samuel is still needing surgeries come June, one of my dear friends will be the new pediatric surgery fellow there in Seattle and I'll be sure he pays extra attention to Samuel.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
Breastfeeding 14 months and counting

ismommy
09-02-2004, 01:45 PM
I am glad that the BBB community could help and wish we could do more. Sending lots of good thoughts to you all.
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

toomanystrollers
09-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Many hugs and tears Jen!! We all love you!!

kitmama
09-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Tears here too, of course! You are SO welcome, and I only wish we could make everything better. Be strong, know you are loved, and keep the faith! Samuel is such a great little fighter.

candybomiller
09-02-2004, 03:40 PM
That was an absolutely beautiful note. Makes me want to do the pins and donate all over again!

Jen, all of you are in my prayers.

cinrein
09-02-2004, 04:08 PM
I only wish we could do more too!

Jen, I keep Samuel and your family in my prayers daily. I hope your struggles are over and your family can begin to heal.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

tina-t
09-02-2004, 06:31 PM
Jen, {{{hugs}}} What a beautiful note. It just brought tears to my eyes. Just wish I could do more....

Melanie
09-02-2004, 07:07 PM
Thank you, Jen, for opening up your family to us through your journals. You have a wonderful writing style which invites us in like we are a personal friend. I have learned a lot from reading your words.

May God Bless Samuel & His Family!

--Melanie

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif
http://lilypie.com/baby3/011106/1/2/0/-8/.png

jasabo
09-02-2004, 07:23 PM
Now I'm crying too! I'm so happy we could help you all out. I can't even imagine the stress you and Mark have been through. I think of little Samuel every day, and you all will continue to be in my prayers.

Lisa - mom to 14 month old twin boys

barbarhow
09-02-2004, 09:51 PM
More tears here. I wish we could do more. Like give him health. In the meantime more hugs and prayers are headed your way in hopes that he will get just that.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

heidi_timms
09-02-2004, 11:15 PM
Jen,

Your message touched me and brought tears to my eyes! I'm so glad that we were able to help you in your time of need as you have touched so many of us with your wonderful pouches, diapers and generosity! We love your pouch and still use it all the time. I will continue to pray for Samuel and your family!

God Bless!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

Jeanmick
09-03-2004, 03:06 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thank you for your lovely note. Special hugs and kisses to Samuel.

Jeanette and family

VickiH
09-03-2004, 12:25 PM
Tears here too. I think of Samuel often and pray that he is healthy soon. My best to you and your family, and continued prayers for health and peace.

suribear
09-06-2004, 04:27 AM
Wish we could do more!
Jen, we love your pouch. I think of Samuel a lot.. and pray that he will beat this disease soon.

Kris

TraciG
09-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Jen, u are a great mother, everyone here is praying for Samuel & your family.