PDA

View Full Version : In Search Of: good vegetable soup recipe

NEVE and TRISTAN
09-02-2004, 12:22 PM
This morning sickness makes me not want to eat...though I am so hungry the thought of eating much outside of veggies and fruit just doesn't sit well with my tummy.

I am craving a good vegetable soup...I don't care if it is made with all canned goods, one of the best soups ever served to me the chef swore was canned goods...

Anybody have an easy recipe to share.

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/18/05 as of 8/24 kicking and moving arms via sono, very active.
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine, I171A from INS has arrived, dossier to Ukraine next week!!!!!!

llcoddington
09-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Ok, I have an EASY recipe that we love.

Vegetable Soup
1 bag of mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, green beans and lima beans)
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 small onion, chopped
potatoes, chopped (no set amount, just as many as you like)
1 Tablespoon worchestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon dried basil
7 beef broth cubes (you could substitute canned beef broth for the cubes and water)
7 cups of water

Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer (covered) for 20-30 minutes until potatoes are cooked. Serve with cornbread or crackers. Cheese and sour cream are also good on top.

I also craved vegetable soup while pregnant! We were in France and I was a couple of months pregnant and ordered vegetable soup and it came out pureed and gray and I sat in the restaurant and cried!

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

bunnisa
09-02-2004, 01:06 PM
I don't have a particular recipe, I usually just throw one together from veggie leftovers, but here's a link to my favorite recipe site, Epicurious. 51 "Vegetable Soup" recipes came up, and they're rated by people who have made them.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/find/results?search=vegetable+soup&x=0&y=0

mmmmm now I'm hungry!

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric
6/03

luvmypeanut
09-02-2004, 02:42 PM
I pretty much throw a bunch of stuff together similar to Lana's recipe. When I'm in the mood, I take the crock pot out and use ox tails to make the soup base then add a bag of veggies. Sounds strange but I serve it with a bit of cottage cheese. It's surprisingly good, thinkens the soup and I get in a serving of dairy.

Edited to check spelling and trying to fix avatar