PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Brownie Fairy!!! and Meghan's Birth Story...

McQ
09-02-2004, 02:07 PM
First, a big THANK YOU to the Brownie Fairy. What a fun surprise to be brownied! Attached is a picture of Meghan all wrapped up in the beautiful home made blanket she received. It's gorgeous and if the Fairy made it herself, then she's quite talented too. And for me, there was a bottle of Pinot Noir chocolate sauce. I've already added strawberries to the grocery list so DH & I can enjoy this decadent delight. Thanks Brownie Fairy!!!

And now, on to Meghan's birth story...

Last Thursday (can you believe it's been a week already!), DH & I drove to the hospital for me to be induced. I had been at 4cm and completely effaced for almost a week and the docs were concerned I'd be having this baby at home.

So anyway, I get there, get checked in and all hooked up to the monitors. Meghan had a great heart rate and I was having little contractions although I didn't feel them. Doc came in, checked me (still 4cm), hooked me up to pitocin and said she'd be back after she finished a surgery and a c-section. The pitocin increased the contractions but they were manageable so I held off on the epidural as I was scared to do it too soon and stop progressing.

After a couple hours of this the doc came back and I was still at freaking 4 cm. So much for this baby being in a hurry! The doc said she wanted to rupture my membrane and if I wanted an epidural (oh yes) then I needed to get one now. So I got the epiduraul, doc broke my water and then bam - 20 minutes later I hit 10 cm. They started prepping me for labor and 4 pushes later, out came my beautiful little girl. Now I guess I know why they wanted me in the hospital :)

Since then, we've had a great week. I'd forgotten how wonderful it is to have a newborn. So tiny and precious. Just holding her and smelling the top of her head makes my day. She's breastfeeding well (and I've been visited by the boob fairy too) but she still has her nights & days mixed up so mama is a little tired.

Declan is doing great with her. Likes to sit on me when she eats or if I'm changing a dipe. I thought yesterday he was getting jealous because he was a little cranky but then I noticed that his eye teeth are coming in. He continues to add new words to his vocabulary every day and I couldn't be more proud of my little guy.

So all's well here. As things settle in I'll be checking in more often. I poked my head in the other day and there was so much to read and catch up on. Thinking of you all...

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

amp
09-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Allison! I loved reading Meghan's birth story! Thanks for sharing the picture! Get some rest if you can mama! You done good!

kthomp
09-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Great story Allison! Thanks for sharing! I can't believe she came so quick! Kind of makes my 45 minutes of pushing look like a marathon (but I did have a 9lb 7oz baby.)

She is just gorgeous! She looks so cozy in her nice warm blanket. BTW, whoever made it, it's beautiful!

You didn't tell us about the moment you found out that she was a girl! You didn't know, right?

I'm sure you are enjoying her. Make sure to get all the rest you can!

khakismom
09-02-2004, 02:15 PM
What a beauty she is! And OK, I want to be brownied by that fairy! That blanket is just fabulous, simply gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing Meghan's story. I hope you get lots more rest in the days and weeks to come. :)

bluej
09-02-2004, 02:16 PM
She's a sweetie! I'm glad Declan is adjusting to having a new baby sister. I'm sure it's rough having your little one teething while you are adjusting to having a newborn as well! I'm tired just thinking about! I hope his teeth come in soon and that Meghan gets her days and nights straightened out soon! Rest up and enjoy that newborn stage.

houseof3boys
09-02-2004, 02:17 PM
My eyes teared up just reading it Allison. That is so sweet about Declan being such a good big brother.

Get some rest and thanks for checking in with us. :)

zuzu
09-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Thanks for checking in and sharing your story! Meghan looks so sweet and cozy in her beautiful blanket (what a wonderful brownie fairy!), and I'm glad to hear the whole family is well. Hopefully Declan will have so much fun being a big brother that he'll forget all about his teeth.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

mharling
09-02-2004, 02:28 PM
What a sweet post all the way around! What an awesome Brownie Fairy too! Megan looks absolutely precious. :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

rrosen
09-02-2004, 03:27 PM
Meghan is beautiful! Congratulations!

And good job brownie fairy, the blanket is gorgeous!

brigmaman
09-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Thanks for sharing your story, Allison. I've been thinking about you and your family!
Congrats again!

starrynight
09-02-2004, 03:35 PM
She is gorgeous! And what a sweet brownie fairy, that blanket is beautiful.

cinrein
09-02-2004, 03:43 PM
I got all teary too. Meghan is just beautiful. I've been thinking about you and hoped everything was going well. Were you right on your hunch about Meghan's gender?

And brownie fairy, that blanket is gorgeous. If I'm ever lucky enough to be blessed with another baby, I've love to buy one!

Cindy and Anna February 2003

amazz
09-02-2004, 03:47 PM
Ok--totally crying here. I can't wait to have a newborn in MY arms! That was such a sweet story and I'm glad Declan is doing so well.

Congrats on your beautiful baby and I'm glad labor was relatively quick and painless. (4 pushes?! I think I'm going to be envious :)) And that blanket is wonderful. Good job Allison on the baby and good job brownie fairy on the blanket!

Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

mudder17
09-02-2004, 03:55 PM
What a beautiful picture! You need to add it to your avatar! :) Thanks for sharing such a beautiful story. Like Kerri, it makes my 45 minutes of pushing seem like a marathon! Great job Allison, and great job Declan for being such a good brother. :) And Brownie Fairy, that blanket is totally gorgeous!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
born 22 February 2004

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050222/2/16/0/+10/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 6 months and counting

http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya

sugarsnappea
09-02-2004, 04:16 PM
That is a wonderful story. Your new baby girl is precious. :)

momathome
09-02-2004, 04:26 PM
Allison - Meghan looks like a little angel! Glad to hear everything went so well! Take care and rest up!

jbowman
09-02-2004, 05:30 PM
What a nice story! Thanks for sharing! Your daughter is beautiful!

lrucci
09-03-2004, 01:25 AM
Thanks for sharing the story and picture. Meghan is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure you are enjoying every minute with her.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
09-03-2004, 10:48 AM
It sounds like everything is going wonderful for you!!!!
And Declan I knew would be the greatest big bro!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/18/05 as of 8/24 kicking and moving arms via sono, very active.
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine, I171A from INS has arrived, dossier to Ukraine next week!!!!!!

tippy
09-07-2004, 04:26 AM
Wow,

Beautiful blanket and beautiful baby! Congratulations.

calebsmama03
09-07-2004, 12:05 PM
What a cutie! Congratulations mama!!!! What a nice brownie fairy too ;)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]

parkersmama
09-07-2004, 05:18 PM
What a wonderful birth story! Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear that you are all doing nicely.