PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had luck with Prilosec for Reflux

mamaturk
09-02-2004, 07:41 PM
DD went back to the ped. gastro doctor today and she was switched from Zantac to Prilosec for really bad reflux. Has anyone used this before? Any luck with it? Thanks!

Marisa6826
09-02-2004, 09:22 PM
I think Rachel's daughter Abigail may have been on it at some point.

Maybe crosspost this in the feeding forum?

-m

Rachels
09-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Abigail did take it. She actually had trouble with Prilosec, which has milk in it. She was sensitive to dairy at the time. I know several babies that have had good luck with it, though. Ultimately, Nexium was what helped her. Prilosec and Nexium are in the same ballpark, though, so if your babe is okay with dairy, Prilosec is a good option.

FWIW, even though it works fairly immediately to stop reflux, it's possible that your little one has some irritation in her esophogus which can take some time to heal. Abigail's esophogitis was helped ENORMOUSLY by homeopathic Nat Phos.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

mamaturk
09-02-2004, 11:14 PM
DD does have damage to her esophogus, she makes a wheezing sound that the dr.'s tell me is irritation from all the acid. Lets pray that this will finally help!! Can you tell me what homeopathic Nat Phos is..... Thank You So Much!!!