PDA

View Full Version : UNDECIDED VOTERS - What Did You Think of President Bush's Speech?

August Mom
09-03-2004, 12:37 AM
If you are still undecided in the presidential election, what were your impressions of President Bush's speech at the Republican convention?

american_mama
09-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Didn't see the speech, but bump.

Sarah1
09-03-2004, 09:23 PM
Well...I was thrilled to hear him specifically bring up the issue of medical malpractice lawsuits. My father is a retired OB/GYN in Florida, and it's absolutely ridiculous how difficult it has become to successfully practice medicine (particularly obstetrics) in that state (and many others). Doctors have to spend so much of their earnings on malpractice insurance, and contrary to what many people believe, most doctors aren't swimming in cash.

We should all be very, very concerned about the lack of qualified OB/GYNs 20 years from now if the system is not reformed. This is a really serious issue and one that doesn't get enough attention. So, I was impressed that he brought it up last night. I'm concerned that with Kerry in office, the problem could become worse.

himom
09-03-2004, 10:03 PM
I don't qualify as an undecided! But I wanted to say that I think it's really cute, August Mom, that you posted one post for each party plus an undecided.

I'm sure everybody appreciated it!

Jodi
Mommy to Joshua, born February 2003

kijip
09-04-2004, 01:46 AM
I really want to find these famous undecided likely voters that we keep hearing about on the news. I suppose that there are some out there but not nearly as many as there are apathetic or discouraged unlikely voters.

jubilee
09-04-2004, 03:07 AM
OK, I feel I am REALLY sticking my neck out- neither side will like me now. But, I'll say that I am undecided. I am a registered Republican, but really that only means that I get to help decide who is on the Republican ticket... it does not mean that I only vote Republican. I vote for the best person for the job. I missed Kerry's speech but I did see Bush's. I frankly didn't get a lot out of the speech. One thing Bush said was that people don't have to agree with him on every issue- well, that's good- because I don't. He went on to say that at least we know where he stands on the issues- and that is true... where as Kerry is hazy on several issues. I don't think he's the perfect president, and he may not be the best person for the job. Sure wish McCain or Powell were running. Anyway, the real acid test will be the debates. I will wait to make my decision until then.

August Mom
09-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Julie, not true. Now, both sides will really like you now and try to court you to their side. :) I just wanted to say that I think it's refreshing to hear that you actually are going to watch the debates and base your decision, at least in part, on them. The media keeps talking about how crucial the debates are and how undecided and swing voters will make their voting decision based on these debates and my cynical side just didn't believe it. I figured that partisans who had already decided were the ones watching the debates and that they wouldn't make much difference. I'm glad to see that I might be wrong.

Sarah1
09-04-2004, 11:24 PM
I'm undecided as well. I have issues with Bush but problems with Kerry as well. I live in Illinois, though, which always goes overwhelmingly Democratic, so I do sort of feel that when/if I vote Republican, my vote doesn't really matter (I know, I know, it does, but you KWIM!).

candybomiller
09-05-2004, 02:13 PM
I'm undecided. And I'm not apathetic, but slightly discouraged.