PDA

View Full Version : I don't hate the heat so much anymore...

mandye
09-03-2004, 12:32 PM
This morning I was watching the news and hearing all about hurricane Frances and I thought, "Boy am I glad we don't have hurricanes here in Arizona." Then I thought, "Hmm, we really don't have any natural disasters here." (With the exception of fires, but I'm in Phoenix and don't see much of the forest.) I just can't imagine the fear and concern associated with your safety/homes and hurricanes, tornadoes, tropical storms, etc.

Good luck to all in the path of Frances! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mandy

almostamom
09-03-2004, 10:24 PM
Mandy,
What part of Phx are you in?? I'm in Anthem. I was beginning to wonder if anyone else on these boards was from AZ. My mom was saying the same thing about how lucky we are that we don't have to deal with hurricanes - half of our family is in FL. I guess we can deal with the 100+ days for a bit longer and not complain!
~Linda~
Baby #1 due Nov 17, 2004

jasabo
09-04-2004, 12:04 AM
I was actually thinking the same thing tonight (I live in AZ too). I've always wanted to live on the water in FL, but am now thinking twice about it. I can't imagine how scary it must be to be evacuated from your house, not knowing what you'll return to find. I hope everyone's ok.

Lisa - mom to 14 month old twin boys