PDA

View Full Version : Here's a weird tidbit of info for J&J Head to Toe users!

juliemiya
09-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Years ago, I used to use Purpose Gentle Cleansing wash for my face. My nephews were over, and had a bottle of J&J Head to Toe. I noticed they smelled the same. So I looked at the ingredients. Word for word it was the same. The only difference seems to be the cost. Purpose Cleansing wash is about $6 for 6 ounces. J&J Head to Toe is a fraction of the price. So there you have it. Use it to wash your face. But it's probably too drying for dry skin.
-----------
Here's the description for Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash on Walgreens.com:
Soap-free
Hypoallergenic
Won't clog pores
Dermatologist recommended for effective yet gentle cleansing.
Cleanses without drying or irritating.
This foaming cleanser is 100% soap-free, so it removes dirt, oil and make-up without stripping or drying like soap can.
It won't sting your eyes, so it's ideal for removing eye make-up.
Unlike some cleansers, Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash is 100% oil-free and non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores or leave residue.
Even those with sensitive skin can use it twice a day for a healthy looking, healthy feeling complexion.
------------

egoldber
09-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Just FYI, this is true of a NUMBER of J&J products. They are masters of taking existing products and re-packaging them (or changing one minor ingredient, like fragrance) and selling it as a whole new item.

Check out the Neutragena lines for more instances of this.

lisams
09-03-2004, 04:18 PM
So I guess I love Head to Toe also!! I'll check it out, thanks for the heads up!!

Lisa