PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor play thingy - is this good to have?

KrisM
09-03-2004, 04:32 PM
I found this at a garage sale for $40. It's a bit faded by the sun, but in otherwise good condition. http://tinyurl.com/6gxvf

My son is only 4 months old now. The Toys R Us site says it's a 24 month toy, which is 2 summers away. What do you think, should I get it? It seems like a good price, compared to new. I think we could store it in the garage. Do kids like these things? Is this a good one?

Thanks for the input. I can't get it until morning, since I have to take the car seat out to fit it in my car. I'll see what people here think first.

Kris

bunnisa
09-03-2004, 05:21 PM
I'd wait. These kinds of toys come up at garage sales all of the time, and I bet (depending on what your area is like) you could get it cheaper than $40. If you get it now you'll just have to store it. JMO, tho!

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric
6/03

trumansmom
09-03-2004, 05:40 PM
In our area, these things go like crazy! I think $40 is a pretty good deal. I looked for a few months for one for DS when he was younger.

That being said, DS enjoyed it for a couple of months when he was around 15 -17 months old. This year he couldn't care less. I'm saving it for next summer for DD, and then it's going off to the consignment store.

I'd get it if I were you.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

Melanie
09-03-2004, 07:45 PM
That's a great deal. It is the exact one I wanted and couldn't find it at all at garage sales here, though I only looked a little. I scoured the newspaper ads and craigslist, too. I ended up paying $200 for a new one for Ds. (not that exact one afterall)

Momof3Labs
09-03-2004, 10:04 PM
It's probably worth having, though these things have short lifespans in my experience. Colin loved his for a few months when he was maybe 16-19 months old, and then he discovered the "real stuff" at the park. No more wimpy plastic playset for him; he now rarely uses this. So Tuesday we're getting a REAL swingset/playset for him - yay!!

gracies mom
09-03-2004, 11:05 PM
Gracie has one almost exactly like it, and we put in in the middle of a large sandbox. She still plays with it, and she's 23 months now.

JElaineB
09-03-2004, 11:39 PM
I would say for $40 it is worth it to get it now if you have the space to store it. You might be able to get some use of it at the end of next summer, and definitely for the entire spring/summer after that.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

lisams
09-04-2004, 01:04 AM
Wow, that's a great deal - things like these climbers go quick here too! And I think your son can use it long before 24 months. There is a little doorway he can crawl into, and when he starts walking he'll love going in and out and peeking through the holes. DD is 22 months and loves her climber (I think it's called 8in1 or something, but it is similar to this one). If you have the room I say go for it.

Lisa

KrisM
09-04-2004, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the input. I know they're hard to find at sales around here. The only ones I've seen have been sold by the time I've been there. I think we're going to get it. We don't have a park within walking distance and we won't put up a swing set in this house. So, this would be good. I hope it's still there.

Thanks!
Kris