PDA

View Full Version : Want to thank you ladies, re: The Daily Show

deborah_r
09-04-2004, 03:06 AM
After seeing so many mentions of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, I programmed it into the Tivo and now DH and I are hooked. The one yesterday with the Zell Miller speech and with John McCain had me rolling on the floor laughing!

The only problem I'm having is my Tivo keeps cutting off that first part that has the date of the show (I think it starts that way, doesn't it) so sometimes I'm not sure what day the program I am watching originally aired. I sit one of those shows that is taped in the daytime, but aired late at night, like Letterman or The Tonight Show? Because I was confused if the one with McCain aired on Thursday night, and they were tlaking about looking forward to GWB's speech that night, which where I live anyway had already happened. Does that make sense?

Anyhow, thanks for the tip, we are loving that show!!! Almost as much as we love Real Time with Bill Maher!

jubilee
09-04-2004, 04:33 AM
Well, you have me interested. When and what channel is this show on?

Tori_s mom
09-04-2004, 09:23 AM
You can modify the season pass to begin recording a few minutes early. That might help. I think that they tape earlier, but I'm not sure. Glad you're enjoying Tivo...

Tasha

houseof3boys
09-04-2004, 09:36 AM
Jon Stewart rocks. He is so hysterical and I love him too! Sorry you missed out for so long Deb, but glad you found him now. :)

MartiesMom2B
09-04-2004, 09:58 AM
It's on Comedy Central at 11:00 pm.

I love the Daily Show and it's how I get most of my news. I feel that if it's not newsworthy enough to make fun of than it's not important. Ha!

-Sonia

mamagoosie
09-04-2004, 10:35 AM
I love the Daily Show--Stewart does an amazing job of pointing out all the hypocracy in politics. And he does it on both sides. He also does a great job of doing it with the politicians' own words. Did folks see his Bush "Infomercial"?

I also think people are quite candid on his show. Loved McCain's comments about Zell Miller acting like Kerry shot his dog. LOL!

I don't know about getting all my news from him, but I like that he also points out when the "mainstream" news media is falling down on the job--like when they basically gave Bush a free pass on Iraq and then were like, "oops, I guess we should have asked tougher questions."

NEVE and TRISTAN
09-04-2004, 11:27 AM
...and oddly I also had one Bill Maher, I must love funny liberal men!!!!
It is the greatest show, sadly I found out about it only recently myself...

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/18/05 as of 8/24 kicking and moving arms via sono, very active.
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine, I171A from INS has arrived, dossier to Ukraine next week!!!!!!

pritchettzoo
09-04-2004, 12:59 PM
It's filmed in the afternoon/early evening in NYC and then shown later (like Letterman). So Bush had already spoken by the time it aired in California, but he was still droning on ;) on the East Coast when the Daily show started.

We've been hooked on this show since 1997. We'd watch the repeats during lunch in law school (it used to repeat at 1 pm; now it's at 7 pm) and we'd have to fight the construction workers for the tv (they watched soaps in our lounge. Grrr.).

John Edwards actually announced his candidacy on the show. Jon Stewart leaned in and said, "You do know this is a fake show, right?" It was hysterical.

DH, who is reading over my shoulder (another grr), recommended Reno 911 to you and your hubby if you like the Daily Show. And Chappelle's show. Speaking of whom, Chappelle has a new stand up coming on Showtime tonight.

Anna

MartiesMom2B
09-04-2004, 01:27 PM
Anna:

It sounds like Comedy Central is played at your house as much as mine. What did your DH think of Cartman being elected as Class President?

-Sonia

pritchettzoo
09-04-2004, 07:00 PM
We haven't watched South Park lately. Gracie likes it waaaay too much and I think that would send me straight to mommy-hell. One night, I tried to sneak downstairs and get online or something and she woke up. I get upstairs and she's dancing and laughing to the first song in South Park the Movie. She screamed when I turned it off. Mommyhellmommyhellmommyhell...

Anna

deborah_r
09-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Comedy Central, and it is on at 11pm here on the West Coast. I'm not sure when in other places.

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/thedailyshowwithjonstewart/

deborah_r
09-04-2004, 07:19 PM
It's kind of like I have known about the show a long time, watch a bit here and there, but just never really made sure I watched it. Then I was sure I was missing something good the way you all raved about it!

Have watched Chappelle a few times, that movie he was in "Half Baked" is one of the funniest things ever!

And construction workers who watch soaps??? Where does one find such a phenomenon? Are these more crazy Georgians, Anna???