PDA

View Full Version : Argh!! Quick Ebay question

NancyJ_redo
09-07-2004, 04:29 PM
I posted something for sale last week and the auction closed Friday night. In my listing I said I would ship same day or next day following payment. The winning bidder paid on Sat, so per the listing I should have shipped either Sat or today.

Bc we moved last week I don't have access to my home computer, so I couldn't check emails until this morning. I get into work and I have 5 emails from the buyer requesting status and demanding shipment. The auction didn't close until almost 9p Friday night, she paid Sat morning and today is the next business day. And 5 emails to me...argh! Anyway, I emailed her back this morning and explained that I would ship today per my listing, but would also let her cancel if she wanted. I haven't heard back from her, so I'm about to head to the post office now.

I just went into Paypal to 'accept' her payment but bc she paid by credit card I have to upgrade my account. Now I don't know what to do. I don't want to upgrade and pay extra fees forever. However, my listing didn't say anything about not accepting credit cards, so I realize it's my problem now. And in any event, I risk angering this buyer even more now by messing with the payment (even tho I think her annoyance thus far is misplaced since I'm shipping the next biz day, per my listing).

So what to do about...
1) this listing. Should I just upgrade and eat the fees?
2) future listings - should I say in the listing that no credit cards are accepted?

Thanks so much!

ShayleighCarsensMom
09-07-2004, 04:39 PM
UGH!
I would just upgrade the account...
If you have another email address available you can open another paypal account so you can have one of each. Otherwise paypal will charge you on all payments to that account.
Good luck

kfcboston
09-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Shoot Nancy! I made that mistake with my first sale, but thankfully I had an understanding buyer. She agreed to do a bank transfer and from then on, I have ALWAYS said no cc payments! Many sellers do that, so feel free if you want. But re: this buyer, I would ask. If s/he refuses, then you might be stuck. I THINK you might be able to downgrade your PP account again after just this one cc payment.....look into it.

Good luck!