PDA

View Full Version : How can I get my STUCK wedding ring off??

jubilee
09-08-2004, 01:13 AM
My wedding rings won't come off- the weight I've gained has caught up to my fingers :( One of the prongs got snagged and I have to take it into the jeweler, so I HAVE to get it off. I tried liquid soap and cooking oil on my finger, but no luck. It is a wide band, so that may also be causing it to be harder. I do not want the rings cut off!! Any suggestions on getting it off in one piece?

luvbeinmama
09-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Chill your hand. Seriously. Make your hand as cold as you can. Put it in ice water. Then lube it up with soap or oil and try taking it off. The cold will get rid of any swelling due to heat. HTH!

lmariana
09-08-2004, 01:44 AM
Windex! Just spray a bunch of Windex on there and it should be a little easier to wrangle off. My aunt's a jeweler and its a "trick of the trade".

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

kensjen
09-08-2004, 02:07 AM
Mariana, that is too funny! Reminds me of my big fat greek wedding. LOL Her dad did say that windex cures everything! LOL

jubilee
09-08-2004, 02:43 AM
Thank you!! When I first read the suggestion, I thought "no way is that going to work!" But sure enough it came right off! Thank goodness, because I wasn't looking forward to putting my hand in ice to reduce the swelling. Now, hopefully I can get to the jeweler tomarrow to get the prong fixed and probably resize the ring too.

momathome
09-08-2004, 09:19 AM
Hee-hee, I was thinking the same thing! :)

octmom
09-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Wish I'd known about the Windex trick last summer when my rings were stuck on my pregnant very swollen hand! I soaked my hand in ice water, used lotion, used soap, and FINALLY got the rings off. Ended up leaving them off for the rest of my pregnancy and wearing a larger-sized $3 mood ring on my left hand. :)

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

MamaKath
09-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Glad it is off! Who'd of thunk it- Windex?!?! That is one to write down for future reference, lol.