PDA

View Full Version : Too young for the fair?

rottiemom
09-08-2004, 01:41 PM
This is a pretty stupid question but I figured I'd ask those with more experience.

This weekend is our town's grange fair. It's a small thing with rides, livestock & produce judging. By livestock I mean a small tent's worth of chickens & sheep and maybe 8 stalls of horses & cows. My husband & I go every year since it's a nice walk from our house. I was planning to go this year & bring the little guy. He's 7 months old. Obviously we weren't planning on taking him on any rides or letting him gorge himself on fair food but I thought that he might get a kick out of the lights & the animals. He thinks that our dog & cat are the funniest things on earth.

Am I kidding myself? Is this just a waste of my time & his or would it be too much for the little guy? We were planning to go up on Friday evening around 6 which is his usual post dinner play time.

What do you all think?

Nina

slknight
09-08-2004, 01:50 PM
I would definitely go! Your DS will probably like to look at the animals. I know that mine would have at that age. If he's really tired, he can sleep in the stroller. It sounds like a nice way to get out of the house.

kalebsmama
09-08-2004, 03:50 PM
We just went to our County fair last weekend. Really went to take DS to see the animals and ride some rides, but DD (11 months) seemed to enjoy herself too. She checked out the sights and sounds and looked at all the animals.
I'd say go for it! Sounds like fun!

emilyr
09-09-2004, 03:42 PM
I say go! After all, I went to my first county fair (much larger than you are talking) when I was 2 1/2 months old. I wasn't supposed to, and the whole thing is a long story, but it didn't scar my parents too bad (he he)!!!!

My DS has been making visits to my parents barn since he was very young and loves the "boos" (cows)! I think exposing him to the lights and animals is a good thing and if he does get upset or cranky, it will be much easier outside than at the mall or a restaurant!!!

Emily