PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE NO SPOILERS IN SUBJECT!!!!!!

gisele
09-08-2004, 05:05 PM
I have the Amazing Race on TIVO and haven't watched it yet. I saw what could be a little spoiler in the subject line while scrolling through. I just want to remind everyone to PLEASE not post ANYTHING about the race in the subject line too! I don't want a bigger spoiler to pop up, lest we forget!

Thanks!

amazz
09-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Um, I guess I'm not sure what you are referring to. There are two subject lines about the AR, but neither one of them have the least little bit of spoiler. I think everyone has been VERY careful to avoid that!!

Let us know what you think once you get a chance to watch it. :)

Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

gisele
09-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Someone posted about a Yield - implies that a yield is executed in this race - further down in the post. It's not the top subject, but one of the lower ones. It's not a biggie, as I mentioned. But just wanted to make sure people remembered not to put anything in the subject - I know it's easy to forget.

I'll go and read the thread once I've watched it!

NEVE and TRISTAN
09-08-2004, 08:15 PM
I don't think there was anything in that thread's subject line that was a spoiler, I am sorry that you think there might have been.
That you thought that the YIELD in the subject line implies that is a yield is executed is just that a thought, or an assumtion. It really is no more an assumtion than a preview 7 days before the show that might make us think one thing and then be wrong.
Oddly enough this weeks previews would be considered a spoiler if that is the case.

I think the threads on shows that we as a community do everything we can to shield those who have not watched the shows especially in respect to time zones.

But I don't think the word Yield in a subject line says anything other than this post talks about the Yield...just like my post with Airlines is nothing more than talking about the airlines. I actually prefer post to have a subject content for at times I can't read many of the posts in threads and it helps to read thru them...

Anyway hope you get to see the show...it was a fun one...

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/18/05 as of 8/24 kicking and moving arms via sono, very active.
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine, I171A from INS has arrived, dossier to Ukraine next week!!!!!!

gisele
09-08-2004, 08:46 PM
There are not many shows with Yields, and it hasn't been used (from what I've seen so far). The subject implies people are talking about it and wondering how long the Yield is implies that someone actually used it in the show. Maybe someone didn't use it, but it kinda implies that.

I was not trying to come down on anyone on this. It was just a friendly reminder to make sure we don't post potential spoilers in the subject. I know that people are making efforts on the spoilers. It's just that I've had things spoiled for me before here (not TAR). The Amazing Race is my favorite reality TV show and I didn't want to have anything spoiled.

I'm sorry if anyone was offended.

NEVE and TRISTAN
09-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Well I don't want to to spoil it ... but it won't be spoiled I promise... you'll enjoy the show it really was a fun one.

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/18/05 as of 8/24 kicking and moving arms via sono, very active.
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine, I171A from INS has arrived, dossier to Ukraine next week!!!!!!

gisele
09-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Thanks!

OK, now that two of you have told me that it was a really fun one, I'll *have* to make the time to watch it tonight. Hopefully DS won't be too much of a handful!

papal
09-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Yoohoo there! I think I may have used the word 'Yield' in the subject line.. i am so sorry.. i keep forgetting that you can choose to view the forum in Expanded Topics mode.. i have mine collapsed and so can't see the subject lines to replies to a post.. hope that makes sense.
Anyway, i think you will enjoy the show... not much was spoiled at all! :)