PDA

View Full Version : OT: Hurricane Ivan GO AWAY!

hellosmiletoday
09-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Need I say more! I also see that we are missing updates from some of our members from the aftermath of Frances...Michelle, Rikkele...am I missing anyone else. How are you all???

I used to be sad about moving next year over 10 hrs away from my family in Central Florida, but now we may ALL leave :)

Christina
Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04

jd11365
09-10-2004, 11:00 PM
I haven't posted because I'm in denial. They're all just kidding, right? I just can't take this. It's emotionally and financially draining, and I have hardly been affected as compared to so many others. (Not to mention this being scary as all get out!)

For the record, this is absolutely ridiculous! Sending "makeitgoaway" vibes to my poor little state, since it really can't take much more... Can you tell I'm in absolute denial? I'm not in freak out mode yet...you know that mode...picturing your roof blowing off...while you're still under it! Ok, maybe I'm close...we'll see how I am by Monday...

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

hellosmiletoday
09-11-2004, 12:29 AM
I'm in denial mode as well. I had put alot of our frames and valuables in plastic bags in the closets, kitchen cabinets, hampers, etc, since we cant board up our house with jalousie windows and are surrounded by many large trees. Can you believe that even today I was putting the house back into order b/c I was sick of the mess. In my mind, I have decided that its not going to S. Florida b/c I'm not looking forward to repacking everything up and spending another weekend "hiding" in a tiny call room in the hospital b/c theoretically the residents arent supposed to bring family. We called our renter's insurance company to increase the limits, but it takes 4 wks.

p.s I'm mad at CBS for showing a poor little dog stranded in the wind and rain in Jamaica...hello...why dont you rescue the poor creature and not depress your viewers.

Christina
Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04

lrucci
09-11-2004, 01:37 AM
Christina, Jamie, and all others in Florida ~

I can't imagine what you are going through right now. It is hard for me to just watch on television. I will continue to pray that Ivan somehow turns and disappears. Hugs to you all - please stay safe.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

brigmaman
09-11-2004, 05:02 AM
This is insane!! I am still wondering about the other FLA bbbers as well. Jamie, have you heard anything?

houseof3boys
09-11-2004, 07:48 AM
I wish it would go away too! On a selfish note, our first family vacation plans are ruined for next week since we were going to the Florida panhandle. Oh, all of those hours spent researching and finding the perfect beach houses.....

I really feel for everyone in Florida that will have to evacuate again. My parents have been without power since last Friday down in West Palm Beach. My sister in Miami will be evacuating again too.

I wish everyone well.

jd11365
09-11-2004, 01:05 PM
No still haven't heard. It's just a mess, especially in certain areas, so perhaps they are still in recovery mode. I even think some people on the coast are still without power. Plus, everyone is now hunkering down for Ivan... Today, they say it's going to skirt the coast heading more toward the panhandle. This will mean after all is said and done, there probably won't be a county left in the entire state that will have not been classified a federal disaster area.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03