PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating Life, for Allie...m

MamaKath
09-11-2004, 01:55 PM
I was reading Allie's moms journal today. She asks that people celebrate Allie's life. Today I am going to head out to the park with my kids instead of some of my chores. We will celebrate Allie! We will celeebrate life, what an appropriate thing for Sept 11th.

Allie's journal- http://www.scotthousehold.com/week_19.htm

Will you help celbrate Allie's life? What will you do today?

Blessings to you all!!!!

(Edited to fix a typo)

Tori_s mom
09-11-2004, 06:07 PM
I'll spend some extra moments just cuddling my DD and DH. And thinking how lucky I am to have them in my life.

Tasha
SAHM to Tori (3/11/04)

Marisa6826
09-11-2004, 06:36 PM
I first read about Allie the other day. Last night, we decided to go out for a nice dinner as a family. We picked up Daddy from the train station and headed to our fave Chinese restaurant. In all the times we've gotten food from there, it was the first time we sat down IN the restaurant to eat it.

I don't know if it was Allie watching over, but it was simply one of the nicest meals we've had in a long time. Everybody was in a great mood, the food was excellent, Sophie was thrilled to be making new friends. She had a great time, stuffed herself silly with dim sum and even got the best fortune cookie of the night. She polished the night off by waving and saying goodbye to just about every table of people as we headed out.

We are still talking today about how nice it was.

Today we had some dedicated Sophie and Mommy time. We went shopping, had lunch and came home for a nap. Again, she was in a wonderful, happy mood.

Reading about Samuel and Allie has really put things into perspective for me and just what is important in life.

Hugs to all

love

-m

momathome
09-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Hey, Marisa! So glad to hear that Jonathan got home in time for you to go and enjoy your yummy Chinese feast!

I agree about today being about celebrating life. My niece's 1st Birthday party was today and SIL was really on the fence about having it on 9/11. We talked her into it - what better way to spend the day than to be surrounded by beautiful children and celebrating their milestones.

And, yes, I really feel for Allie and her family - a little boy I used to baby-sit for had AML and underwent 2 bone marrow transplants - he just left for college last week and has been in remission for 12 years. Miracles can happen - I really hope they happen for Samuel and Allie!

ktdid74
09-11-2004, 10:35 PM
I just read about Allie and am in tears. She was born at the hospital I used to work at and where my son was born. My heart is aching for these people and their beautiful baby. They must be so strong...

mharling
09-12-2004, 12:58 AM
We met my parents for a picnic at a state park we hadn't been to before. It was a beautiful day to be outside and Lane was fascinated watching the boats on the lake.

I am following Allie's story now too and it is so heartwrenching. No parent should have to go through things like this. :(

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

amp
09-13-2004, 02:42 PM
We had a super day on Saturday too! We spent it as a family! DH, Jake and my mom (visiting from MI) went to the local farm where we love to go every week or two. It was a gorgeous day to celebrate family and the newest addition we are anticipating next year! And we remembered Sept. 11, but our focus was very much on the future and the many things we have to celebrate!