PDA

View Full Version : Are you a smoking family either inside or outside of the house?

jd11365
09-12-2004, 09:33 PM
I keep wondering this because in the swap, people list "from a smoke-free home" and it makes me wonder of the alternative. DH's family smokes like crazy...even around children, so it's not that I don't know it happens. (Of course this mama bear won't let Kayla in a 2 mile radius of them if they're smoking.) Then I saw a post to swap a cigarette coupon here on the Bargains Board. Thought that was kinda odd for a baby board, but nothing more. I guess in my head I don't imagine homes with babies as anything else but smoke-free. Don't flame me or take offense if I'm totally off the mark here, just wondering. We all have our vices, I'm certainly not perfect and not here to judge, just wondering.

...I made this a poll to keep it anonymous so nobody has to feel uncomfortable.

Melanie
09-14-2004, 04:10 AM
It is sure a different world isn't it? I grew up with my father smoking almost constantly. I can't believe my mother (then) and my father (now) didn't think it was bad for me!

I recall at one MD Appt someone telling us that if we smoked outside, even, we should change our shirts before holding a baby.

Truly a different world. Do I even remember seeing a pregnant Lucille Ball on "I Love Lucy," smoking?

Anyway...here's a bump to end late-night blabbering.