PDA

View Full Version : anyone used pregnancy wedge pillow? (for tummy and back)

american_mama
09-13-2004, 01:27 PM
I posted this in maternity clothes forum, but haven't gotten any responses. I just saw this pillow online today: http://store.babycenter.com/product/for_parents/pregnancy/pillows/3115

I have to get some custom cut foam for another project, so I am also planning to get some wedge shaped foam and try making one of these. How and where is the tie between the two wedges attached?? I'm assuming the tie is velcroed to one wedge, but I am a little surprised it doesn't rip apart when you are leaning against the back wedge.

Can anyone give me the dimensions on theirs, including the length and width of the tie? Also, how firm is the foam?

Karen
Amara 3/19/02
Girl #2 EDD 11/4/04

trumansmom
09-13-2004, 01:44 PM
I didn't have a "double wedge" pillow, but I did have one of the single wedges and I found it to be pretty worthless. It didn't help underneath my belly at all. I was MUCH happier with a body pillow.

Just my two cents.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

jamsmu
09-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Exactly what Jeanne said

octmom
09-13-2004, 02:40 PM
I had this and found it to be pretty useless. I much preferred the Snoogle deluxe body pillow, also available at babycenter.com. I'm not sure where half of my wedge pillow is now, but I often use the thinner half under DS's head when we are co-sleeping. The foam doesn't indent under the weight of his head and it makes me feel better than having his face right on the soft mattress/ comforter (we're on top of the comforter).

To answer your question, there is velcro involved in this pillow. The fabric "strap" (I can't think if what else to call it) is sewn to the case of the larger wedge and the soft side of the velcro is on the strap. Then the hook side of the velcro is on the case of the thinner wedge. HTH!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

tina-t
09-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Karen, I never used any special pillows. I just placed one pillow behind me and put another pillow between my knees (sleeping on my side). Hope that makes sense.