PDA

View Full Version : anyone live in/near myrtle beach?/travel advice

JenaW
09-22-2004, 02:43 PM
We are planning a week in north myrtle beach the first week of November (Oct31-Nov 7th). can anyone local give me an idea of the weather/water temps that time of year. I know things can vary, but an estimate would be great. My main concern is the baby - who will be about 4-5 weeks old I am guessing. Will it be warm enough that we will want to spend time on the beach? i.e. will I need some short of shade protection for her since she can't wear sunscreen at that age? Any advice?

Also - DH and I are flying with the two kids, and my parents are driving down and meeting us midweek. We were not planning on buying separate seats for them, but I would like to carry the marathon in case there is an empty seat for DS. The airline assured us these flights are rarely full this time of year and it shouldn't be a problem to get the extra seat for him. I have been searching the archives for info on flying, things I need, etc, so will post again when I have other specific questions.

thanks

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03
Cautiously pregnant with #2 ~ EDD 10.13.04

steph2003
09-22-2004, 03:02 PM
I live in Charlotte - about 4 hours or so from Myrtle Beach. You are right the temps can be all over the place that time of year. I was in Savannah last year at Thanksgiving & one day wearing shorts the next long pants. Hard to pack, that is for sure! I'd say the water temps will be considerably cooler & I personally would not venture in other then my toes :) But the weather should be nice for walks on the beach or building sand castles.

For the baby I don't think the sun is as intense that time of year but I'd still keep her covered as much as possible & a hat on just to be safe.

The beach in general should be less crowded so enjoy yourselves. I love the Carolina coast!

Kimberly H
09-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Jera, I live on the south end of Myrtle Beach and have replied to several posts asking for hints or tips about Myrtle Beach. You can search for those here.

Enjoy!