PDA

View Full Version : I lost this thing for my digital camera.....

aliceinwonderland
09-24-2004, 12:59 PM
I don't even know what it's called...It connects the camera to the comuter, so i can download my pictures...USB cable?? I have NIKON Coolpix 4300 I think...SO how do I replace it? WOuld best buy sell sucha thing? I'm afraid Nikon's website has them on back-order (assuming I'm looking at the correct thing, LOL)

I also have lost the sofware CD, but it looks like I can easily download that from the site.
I want to send pictures of erik having his first taste of food this weekend!!
THANKS SO MCUH

DISCLAIMER: I may not have lost them, but in any rate i don't know where these things are. Probably in one of the boxes I am unwilling to unpack. LOL

KrisM
09-24-2004, 01:28 PM
If you lost the USB cable, I wouldn't replace it, if I were you. Instead, I would get a memory card reader. With this, you get a small device that hooks to your computer with a USB cable (included). You then just put your memory card into the reader. This is nice, because the you won't drain batteries by using your camera to download the photos.

You can get these for about $20 at Best Buy, Circuit City, Office Max, and other places. Here is one from Best Buy:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051826315916&productCategoryId=cat08109&type=product

I believe you have Compact Flash for a memory card. Be sure the one you get is for Compact Flash.

Good luck.

luvbeinmama
09-25-2004, 01:40 AM
ITA!!! I have a card reader, and it is soooo easy. Just like transfering files from a floppy or cd drive. I highly recommend it.

ellies mom
09-25-2004, 03:02 AM
If you go with the card reader (which I agree is the way to go) consider getting a multi format reader. They are about $40, and can read up to 7-8 different cards. That way if you buy a new camera that takes a different card or another device with a different format you don't have to buy a new reader or have multiple readers attached to you camera.