PDA

View Full Version : OMG I MET KERRY!!

aliceinwonderland
09-24-2004, 02:39 PM
well, almost..I went to the Phila rally today just accross the street from my law school,and what do you know, after the rally he is whisked intothe building. Of course they had only announced that that particular entrance was going to be closed due to the rally. SO I go in the other entrance, and he is in doing some photo-ops. I guess there was some extra time, becuase he started meeting and chatting with the law students (the ones in my section!!)A freakin' camera guy got in my way, so I couldn't personally talk to him, but how cool though!! Then the secret service came and said that they had to move ASAP...Now I regret not bringing Erik along, that would have made a cool picture :)

Now I realised I have revealed more about myself than I should. Oh well, I'm excited.

As one of my classmates yelled, "GOOD LUCK SENATOR!!!!"

Calmegja2
09-24-2004, 02:55 PM
That's awesome!!!!!!!

I get to meet Elizabeth Edwards on Sunday. I'm more than a little excited about that!!

MelissaTC
09-24-2004, 04:04 PM
That is very cool for both of you! Elizabeth Edwards seems awesome. From what I have read about her, I know I would love to meet her as well. :)

Rachels
09-24-2004, 04:51 PM
Eri, so you know Guyama in the Back Bay? I sat next to Kerry at the sushi bar there a few years ago, lol. He ate one of those humongous hand roll things. It didn't feel like a celebrity thing at the time and now he would not likely grab dinner at a sushi bar, but it's one of those things I kind of get a kick out of in retrospect...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

nohomama
09-24-2004, 05:00 PM
Jessica,

Did you ever hear the comment that Teresa Heinz Kerry made when she referred to Elizabeth Edwards' mind/intellect as a "true weapon of mass destruction"? It made me chuckle and peaked my interest in her. I'm a Kerry/Edwards supporter but sometimes I wish it was Teresa and Elizabeth who were on the ticket.

houseof3boys
09-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Cool!!!!! :)

momathome
09-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Eri, you lucky girl, you! I am jealous! GWB came to Valley Forge a few days ago so I made NO attempt to go anywhere near there (because of both traffic and my extreme distaste of him! ;) ) but I would love to meet Senator Kerry. Fingers and toes are crossed that he becomes our new Prez!

Calmegja2
09-24-2004, 05:27 PM
Yup. You gotta love some of the things Teresa says. She's such a pull no punches kind of gal. ;)

EE blogs sometimes on Kerry's website, and I just want to go have coffee with her and chat. She fascinates me, she really does. Smart woman, great ideas, and she's just so plugged in. Sigh. I've got an intellectual crush on her.

aliceinwonderland
09-24-2004, 11:33 PM
I know, I love how she really says what she thinks and has quite the style!!
Politics aside, she personally has done a LOT of good both in PA and MA (she has a prescription plan for seniors in MA)...I think they should win PA just on that virtue...
I guess he ended up having a talk, maybe fundraiser(??) at Penn...It was never announced, but I noticed that most my profs were there today (even the ones who didn't have class).

Next rally, DH and I are bringing Erik along with a "Kerry for my future" onesie...Tacky, but hey, we're doing our part, LOL!!!