PDA

View Full Version : Stinky baby feet...

Judegirl
09-24-2004, 03:47 PM
I would have thought that little feet don't start smelling like feet until somewhere around puberty...but our baby's had stinky feet since about 2 months old! Just like little teenaged-boy feet...

Are we the only ones with a stinky-footed infant?? Does this mean she'll grow up with especially noticeable foot odor (like one of her uncles...!?)

:)
Jude

deborah_r
09-24-2004, 05:54 PM
I don't know what it holds for the future, but my sweet boy has had stinky feet for awhile too! I think it's cute, and of course because he's my baby, I think it doesn't smell bad. But I was surprised that they started getting stinky as early as they did.

I confess I have the stinky foot gene in this house, DH doesn't, so I fear DS is getting this one from me!

I always make a game of it with DS, I smell his feet, and then go "Whew! Stinky feet....shwoo, schwooo, schwooo!" (Hard to spell the noise I make - ssame noise used for especially stinky diaper)

Marisa6826
09-24-2004, 07:47 PM
Sophie had/has stinky feet also. Not enough to knock you over, but surprising enough for such a little person.

I found that unless I got powder (cornstarch) down in between those little toes, they stayed moist. Add in lint from socks/footed jammies and there you have it.

Babes lose most their excess body heat through their heads and feet, so that contributes to the stinky factor.

-m

trentsmom
09-24-2004, 08:08 PM
Yep, we have a stinky-footed baby, too. And DH and I love the game of smelling his feet and telling him that they stink! Sometimes we sniff the air and say, "I smell feet." Then we sniff his feet and say, "Peee-yewww!"

I've noticed that his feet smell more when he's been wearing socks. Makes me really not look forward to colder weather!

Judegirl
09-24-2004, 08:17 PM
LOL - Oh, thank you very much for telling me; I'm so glad we're not the only ones with stinky baby feet in the house! :)

Deb - Yes, I know exactly the noise; it's the same one I make. And nope, we don't mind it in the least (it'll be a different story when she's 12, though!)

Marisa - Yes, that's exactly it - it's not even particularly unpleasant, but it is surprising...I never would have thought it.

Best,
Jude

Saartje
09-24-2004, 11:49 PM
Hee, hee -- Ish has little sweaty stinky feet, too. I'd been assuming he was taking after DH (whose feet sweat profusely). Thanks for the info, Marisa.

hellosmiletoday
09-25-2004, 12:55 AM
Thank you for a much needed laugh during a stressful hurricane season! I noticed stinky feet on DD around the same time. DH claims its my imagination. However, he's been commenting on how DD perspires alot, esp in hands and feet, and was scared DD would take after him instead of me!

:)
Mommy to baby girl with stinky feet 5.8.04

amp
09-25-2004, 12:13 PM
When DS's feet have been cooped up in socks and shoes for too long, we too get the stinky feet! I still think it's kinda cute though, but secretly worried that I gave him this!

sarahfran
09-26-2004, 12:23 AM
Oh yah... DS has got stinky tootsies. I have actually made a quick swipe of the feet with a baby wipe a regular part of diaper changes.

My mom complains of how my sister's feet started to stink before they'd even left the hospital. She was like 2 days old when my mom kissed them and was horrified by the stink.

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)