PDA

View Full Version : I KNOW a BB'er IRL!

jec2
09-24-2004, 10:33 PM
I am SO excited! One of my best mommy friends from my mommy group, Jen, is Grapesoda here on the boards. We were hanging out together today with our babies and we "came out" to each other and just cracked up when we found out that we both post on the same board! She doesn't post very much here but she is a wonderful, wonderful person and I am so glad that she is part of my "real" and "virtual" life. Yay! I was getting so envious of you BB'ers who get to hang out with each other, now I get to as well :)

JenaW
09-24-2004, 10:38 PM
I wish I knew another BBer who lived in my area. That is wonderful that you guys met. How long have you been hanging out? Did you just figure it out today?

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03
Cautiously pregnant with #2 ~ EDD 10.13.04

jbowman
09-24-2004, 10:47 PM
Do you each have a BBB pin? If so, that would be hilarious!

jec2
09-24-2004, 10:54 PM
We met in our PEP (our local mommy/baby group) back in January. Our group meets once a week. We bonded quickly since both of us have very similar children...we've even joked that they are going to marry! I had a hunch that she posted on-line somewhere so today I asked her and she said she hangs out here! I just started laughing and said "me too!" Both of us admitted that we've withheld our On-line posting from other friends and our families so it felt good to come clean. We're such dorks.

jec2
09-24-2004, 10:57 PM
funny you ask...I had mine on my WW bag. That is what got us on the topic today. I don't know if she noticed my pin (Jen, did you?) but she said she doesn't hang out in the lounge so I told her to stop by and say "hi" as I was going to post that we met!

jbowman
09-24-2004, 11:02 PM
I have a pin on each of my diaper bags, but I don't carry them too frequently and I don't think anyone on the boards lives in my city.

If I met someone from the boards, it would be like meeting a celebrity, LOL!

crayonblue
09-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Jill, I haven't seen anyone on this board from your city either. But, I'll be in your city this Christmas so maybe you will see me! Hopefully, we can meet up! Potpourri House open at Christmas???

jbowman
09-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Lana,

We will be around for part of the holiday break! I would love to meet you and your DD! Yes, the Potpourri House is open until Christmas Eve I believe (one of my students works there!) and I am always up for their *Heavenly Chicken Salad*, LOL!