PDA

View Full Version : the MIL report- the visit has ended

lizajane
09-25-2004, 01:15 PM
note this is not in the bitching forum! see how well behaved i am? lol.

so MIL called sunday and asked if she could come wed. kinda short notice and i usually would have been rather miffed. but i was way behind in WAHM orders and schuyler had been really clingy (turns out he was sick) so i hadn't been able to get anything done FOREVER. and the house was clean because i had a dinner party on sat.

so after she arrived, we went to old navy to shop for maternity tees and boy clothes for schuyler and brother. got some tees, but boy clothes were AWFUL. too bad!!!

did TONS of work on thursday and totally wore myself out. so i couldn't get much done on friday. still exhausted. but we did get out to the discount shoe store, where grandma picked up some navy keds for schuyler. SO upset that they were out of red. :(

she cooked dinner and cleaned it up everynight AND ironed the most enormous pile of DH's shirts for him (he irons his own shirts. i am not a maid. ;) ) so that was SUPER.

but the only thing that bugged me was 1) the baby talk continues, but not pronouced enough for me to have a great time to jump in and tell her that at 18 months, he repeats everything we say and so we really need to say it correctly. and 2) she said over and over that i could sleep late while she played with schuyler. but then she wouldn't get up!!!!!!!! i had to get him up, change him, fix his milk, fix his breakfast, feed him half his breakfast and THEN she might appear. so how is that sleeping in? today, i was so tired from not sleeping all night (grrr... ds AND dh...) that i was able to go back to bed even after being up for 1/2 hour. but yesterday and thursday, i was wide awake after all that!

jbowman
09-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Congratulations on surviving, Liza!

My MIL (and FIL) arrives today--it was one of my SILs visiting last week. I am looking foward to MIL's cooking--she is an excellent cook. I don't mind visitors, but it seems to alter my usual patterns/schedules, which can be a pain. Wish me luck, LOL!