PDA

View Full Version : Just in case you thought we were alone!

bostonsmama
09-28-2004, 01:08 AM
Having lived all around the world, I was surprised to find that after moving back to the States for college, I began to see many of my habits and interests as American-specific. I know that in Europe, big box stores (i.e., bargain stores) hardly exist. Rather, the emphasis is on local shops and high-quality merchandise. Well, I was convinced a concept like "Baby Bargains" would have no appeal in foreign countries. But low and behold, I came across a message board quite like our own...but in French. I was so amazed that our brothers and sisters across the world have the same habits and needs to meet online and discuss baby products...with similar rituals and expressions. Here's a little clip for those who can read french like myself:

>>Bonjour DeeDee !

Ton message a attiré mon attention car je suis moi aussi d'une prevue pour le 11 novembre et je recherche tout comme toi une poussette !
J'ai d'ailleurs laisser un poste Ã* ce sujet ou 2 futures mamans m'ont gentillement repondu et figure toi que mon choix c'est arreté sur la pramette de Peg Perego !
Je suis allée la voir chez Aubert, et elle est vraiment super !
On passe de nacelle a poussette en 2 temps 3 mouvements, en plus le dessus est en polaire (super pour un bébé d'hiver ! ) et elle se plie facilement et ne pese pas très lourd !
En fait, on m'a donné aussi une nacelle a mettre dans la voiture, et c'est aussi pour ça que j'ai choisi ce modèle !
VoilÃ*, j'espere que ça te renfoce dans ton choix, si tu as des questions n'hesite pas!!!

PS: si tu veux, tu peux venir discuter sur le forum special "bébé de novembre" dans "bientôt parents, presentez vous" !

In it, a woman says a previous post attracted her attention, she's due at the same time, and that she also chose the stroller (Peg Perego--go figure) that the other woman asked about. Easy fold, nice winter boot, not too heavy, fits nicely in her car. She also invites her to visit another forum. Another poster even offered the best place to buy the stroller.

It's all soooo cute...it gave me warm fuzzies to know that as future and already mamas, we share a common world bond....the desire to take care of and prepare for our children. Just thought I'd share.

ellies mom
09-28-2004, 04:40 AM
Prime example of why it's too bad Mamas don't run the world. We know what's important (the future) and we can appreciate a common world bond.

jbowman
09-28-2004, 08:22 AM
Merci beaucoup! We moms have a lot in common, n'est-ce pas?!