PDA

View Full Version : Needed FUN appetizer for kids

Jen in Chicago
09-28-2004, 10:32 AM
I want something non-sugar to make for my nephew's birthday party. Resources are limited b/c we are in temp housing. Any ideas?
I was thinking a Chex like mix with Cheerios, goldfish, pretzels, etc. He is getting a train table from his parents. I am making the tee time cake from Family Fun as his cake. Any ideas of fun things for ages 1-6 would be appreciated.

Thanks!

BethinMass
09-28-2004, 10:49 AM
What I've usually brought to birthday parties for kids is a fruit and veggie platter. It's amazing how many kids DO like to eat fruit and veggies. For a fun spin, I've placed the fruit and veggies in some sort of pattern (Smiling face, etc). I've also done the same with a cheese and cracker platter, I'm still in shock how much kids gobbled those things down.

hwin708
09-29-2004, 12:10 AM
I second the fruits and veggies. Little kids actually really like the basic varieities of these (meaning yes to carrots and grapes, no to raw cauliflower and kiwi).
My friend had a planes, trains and automobiles theme for her DD's last birthday, and I put fruit in dump trucks and other cheap toys that had a reasonable sized "holding platter" and places them randomly on the food table. It looked very cute.