PDA

View Full Version : Mariana (lmariana)! I am dying to know more about your Keens

miki
09-28-2004, 10:51 AM
I just looked at these a few days ago and saw you post in the shoe thread that you love them. I love that red! Can you tell me more? Most of all I want to know how the strap works--I couldn't really see from the picture. Are they true to size? And are they like a Mary Jane sneaker? That's what I'm looking for. TIA!

lmariana
09-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Hi! I am in love with my new Keens! It's like a Mary Jane hiking/outdoor shoe. They have rubber sole with traction, rubber around the toe, and then the shoe part is a nubuck-ish leather that is waterproof. It has slight cushioning on the back of the heel and on the strap to prevent chaffing. The strap buckle is similar to that on a backpack shoulder strap. You can pull the strap to tighten it, or pull the buckle to loosen it.

The insole is awesome! It's removable for washing and has fantastic arch support.

My feet spread a lot during my pregnancy and are still out of whack, but they fit wonderfully in these shoes. When I first put them on, they looked a little wide in the toe area (my mom said they looked clownish), but I think they're cute. :) I wore them without socks this weekend, and they were just as comfortable, and I didn't get blisters.

I love the red. It's more of a brick red than a true, bold red. Definitely more muted, but still fun enough to stand out. I'm tempted to order another pair in blue. I usually wear a 7 - 7.5, and I ordered a 7.5, and it's a perfect fit.

I found them on Zappos, but ended up ordering through pegasusshoes.com because they had a $5 off coupon code ("DEAL"). :) I think REI carries them too.

I'd take a picture of them for you, but I can't find my digital camera anywhere! Here's a picture from a couple weekends ago when we went to the hayride. You can see my shoe on the left. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13757.jpg

mharling
09-28-2004, 02:45 PM
I really like these shoes! What kind of socks could you wear with them?

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

lmariana
09-28-2004, 04:06 PM
I wear my usuall socks with them...the ribbed top, fold down kind you find everywhere! I could probably do a thicker, sport sock, if I wanted to, but it might be a tighter fit. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

miki
09-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Do you have to completely undo the buckle when you put on the shoes? They are so cute but I know if it takes more time to put them on than my velcro Mary Jane style clogs, they'll just sit on the shoe rack.

lmariana
09-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Ooh, no, the buckle is a breeze! The strap has a hemmed edge, so it won't completely come off at all. You just slide your foot in and tighten the strap. There's no threading or anything complicated involved. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

kwc
09-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Actually, mine are the red perforated MJs, and I got them in the kids size 4 this spring at REI so they were really cheap... though DH hates them and calls them my clown shoes.

THEY ARE THE BEST SHOES! I have since bought the Newport sandals (in kids sizes) for myself, and the Newport H2 sandals for my brother, and convinced 3 of my friends to get them!

Keen shoes rock!

Karen

omgrown
09-28-2004, 06:13 PM
Just have to put my 2 cents in. Dh and I both got Keens this summer and we love, love, love them! I can't remember the name of the style we got but they are the one's with nylon web straps. They've been so comfy and we've worn them as water shoes and they dry quickly. Can't say enough about them. The Pegasus Shoes that Mariana mentioned is in my town and they have closed one's for winter that I'm dying to get! Go Keen's!!