PDA

View Full Version : The Apprentice Run-Down

farsk
09-30-2004, 12:53 AM
Scroll down....spoiler alert!

How happy am I? I really didn't like Jen....she couldn't keep her mouth shut even if you super-glued it! She seemed to have a bad case of "I like it, so the world must like it, too!"

suribear
09-30-2004, 02:55 AM
Thank goodness :) I couldn't stand her - what an ego!!

Kris

pixelprincess
09-30-2004, 03:29 AM
drat! i missed it...isn't it on thursdays?? oh, will they show it again?

KBecks
09-30-2004, 11:00 AM
I think they moved it to Wednesday because of the presidential debates tonight.

Jen seemed to be good in the beginning episodes, but she took a real "my way is the right way" on that project. Even if she brought other people into the firing squad, she was the one who should have been fired.

Stacy's idea of Italian would have been a better fit for the neighborhood, but Jen decided Asian fusion because she likes it. She wasn't thinking about her customers, she was thinking about herself.
Key lesson -- know your customer, and make decisions with the customer in mind.

Also, because she was project manager, she felt like she could talk all the time and people would listen. Project manager is a temporary role, it's not making you leader forever. Jen seemed to miss that point.

KBecks

miki
09-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Last season the women seemed to get along so well. Does anyone else think they cast a bunch of women they thought would be really b##chy to each other for the drama?

janeybwild
09-30-2004, 01:51 PM
ITA...they are all annoying as heck. Doesn't cast the female gender in too good of a light. Talk about backstabbing, whining, and sabotaging.

babymama
09-30-2004, 03:19 PM
I missed the episode last night....Which one was Jen? What was her role in the Mike Piazza/Crest toothpaste challenge? I also missed the first episode.

Another question...Why do the guys have a woman on their team this yr, but the women don't have a man on their team?

Thanks,
Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

KarenNYC
09-30-2004, 03:54 PM
HOnestly, on how many occasions did Trump, Carolyn, George or Bill ahve to ask Jen not to interrupt? The women's behaviour in general has been appaling and I for one am mortified for them!!! I can't stand little Stacy and find her annoying as well but Jen was totally disrespectful to her and the rest of the team. Good riddance!

KarenNYC
09-30-2004, 03:55 PM
Pixelprincess,

They re-run the Apprentice on Saturday night each week. I tw as good episode so make sure to Tivo it!!!

sidmand
09-30-2004, 04:32 PM
In the Mike Piazza/Crest challenge, Jen was the one who kept talking about how hot Mike Piazza (sp?) was. She had dark hair up in a ponytail/bun. She was pretty, but always interrupting. Donald Trump had to tell her to stop talking many times!

The women did have a man on their team. Week 1 a woman had to PM the men's team and a man head to PM the women's team. Bradford stupidly gave up his exemption (winning PM has an exemption if their team goes to the board room the next week) and Donald Trump couldn't get beyond the fact that Bradford made such a costly mistake (giving up his exemption when he was free and clear) and thought that made him a huge risk in running a company for him, so he was fired in Week 2.

Debbie

jasabo
09-30-2004, 05:19 PM
I know!! She was so irritating!! Especially when she was walking around the apt, eavedropping on little Stacy talking then stomping around, chasing little Stacy and fighting with her. I couldn't believe Stacy didn't have the you-know-whats to confront her re: the "old Jewish women" comment. She said she was so angry about it, yet didn't say a word which leads me to believe that she didn't have the courage to say anything. I wonder what kind of law she practices.

Anyway, I'm glad she's gone. I was dying when Carolyn said she was embarressed to be a business woman because of them. They really are a sad bunch.

Momof3Labs
09-30-2004, 06:03 PM
All of them - including Carolyn - make ME embarrassed to be a business woman! But yes, there is a particularly catty group of women this time. I'd be willing to bet the farm (if I had one) that the Apprentice will be a man once again - I don't see Apprentice material in any of the women.

Remember last season, when the women kept on winning the early tasks? Now the tables are turned a little, aren't they?

flagger
09-30-2004, 07:12 PM
I told Ms. Flagger last night that I wouldn't kick little Stacy out of bed for eating crackers. :P

jamsmu
09-30-2004, 08:40 PM
Excellent summary--ITA!!

jamsmu
09-30-2004, 08:42 PM
In the first episode, the guys and girls had to offer one member to the other team. Pam and Bradford volunteered to switch. Unforetunately, Bradford made a HUGE mistake in the 2nd week and was fired. (check the previous discussions for more info.)

Last week, Jen C was the one who thought that Mike Piazza was a hottie.

pixelprincess
10-01-2004, 01:37 AM
thanks karen. Getting my DVR set up tonite.

babymama
10-01-2004, 10:29 AM
OK - I think I know who Jen is. I really like the Apprentice, but I think it's on at a time when I'm not usually available bc I always miss about 1/2 the shows. I will follow it this year, and will definitely catch the finale.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

KBecks
10-01-2004, 11:30 AM
It's hard to say, the men seem to be more organized, but the show spent more time on the women's cattiness than showing what the men were doing.

There are a few women (the 2 blondes that Trump seems to like) that haven't had a lot of air time, maybe they'll do well on the women's team. I also like Stacy, she seems to get it.

I feel that what I've seen of Maria (striking, short dark hair, who screwed up the printing prices), Ivana (Asian, and too collaborative) -- they should both be gone soon. Also, Elizabeth's (blonde ponytail) emotional breakdown about feeling like she was being set up to fail was poor. She knows she's in a high-pressure environment, but hasn't handled it well.

This is my first season watching, can you tell I'm addicted?

KBecks