PDA

View Full Version : I'm so frusterated!!

MartiesMom2B
09-30-2004, 05:15 PM
I spend all week knitting Martie a chic little purple poncho and what does she do? She rips it off. Argh!! She thought it was so funny. Waaahhhhh!!! Doesn't she know that ponchos are the latest thing?

-Sonia

houseof3boys
09-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Frick get that girl some fashion magazine and show her the latest trends!

I'm proud of your knitting project. The library just called and said my knitting books were in (the same ones you recommended) so I might be making Ryan a manly poncho soon too. :)

Rachels
09-30-2004, 06:08 PM
You're making ponchos already?!! You go, girl. What a knitting diva. Two thumbs up, even if Martie doesn't recognize the value of a good poncho.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

pritchettzoo
09-30-2004, 07:39 PM
Silly girl! We want a picture! :)

Anna

MartiesMom2B
09-30-2004, 07:55 PM
I have to figure out whether or not to add fringe or finish it with fun fur so no pictures yet. But I promise I will.

When I e-mailed my mom about the poncho incident she said "Martie is my revenge on you. Evil mother, evil daughter" What? I guess my mom's wish that "I hope you have a child just like you" has come true.

-Sonia

tippy
10-01-2004, 03:33 AM
Sonia,

You are my hero! I really want to learn how to knit. My grandmother used to knit and crochett (sp) but my mother never took it up and I was too young for gm to show me how. Where did you learn? Did you go to a class or just teach yourself from a book? Oh, FYI I never received any info on the swap board. Did you get my email?

MartiesMom2B
10-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Teva:

Rachel showed me how to knit and I kind of took off from there. The books that I used to help me were the Knit Stitch by Sally Melville and Stitch 'N Bitch from Deborah something or other.

I accepted you into the Yahoo group under woodinsomniac. Check the e-mail that it's connected to. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll tell you what e-mail it's going to!

Sorry I haven't written back. I've been such a slacker. I've been meaning to call you and Marisa to catch up this past week!

-Sonia

cinrein
10-01-2004, 08:44 AM
I'm not nearly talented enough to knit a scarf, let alone a poncho, but Anna freaks out over any poncho I've tried on her. She hates the unstructuredness of it, I guess. She also is funny about anything that is ticklish, like fringe or fur. She looks absolutely repulsed if I try to hand her a doll with too much hair!

Sigh. I just love little girls in ponchos. :(

Cindy and Anna February 2003

Rachels
10-01-2004, 09:05 AM
Yes you are. I swear. Learning to knit is much easier than you would think. I am NOT crafty in the slightest, but now I'm knitting sweaters and lace and selling scarves. I promise you could do it!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!