PDA

View Full Version : iPod users: Can you download NPR programs into your iPod?

kristine_elen
10-01-2004, 02:53 PM
I know I can download programs (Fresh Air, Diane Rehm...) and listen online, but are you able to also get them into your iPod (for free)? That would be great. I looked on Apple's site but couldn't find info on this. Can anyone fill me in?
Thanks!
PS: My posts aren't posting, it seems, so I hope I havne't gotten this on the boards three times.

ddmarsh
10-01-2004, 03:24 PM
I looked into this just to download onto CDs and there is a service that does it. I can't remember exactly but somewhere on NPR's website you will see information on it. I think I found it when looking for info on downloading This American Life (which is actually a PRI program). There was a cost but honestly it didn't seem like much - perhaps $9.95 for a month of a show's programs or something along those lines?

dogmom
10-01-2004, 05:48 PM
You can get a subscription to many of the NPR program from Audible.com. I got a year's worth of this This American Life for like $30. Some of the money does go back to the program. They also have different packages including books on tape and such. I'm not sure about random programs for free. I think the time to compress them to MP3 files and the bandwidth to transmit so many of them does cost money, so I would not be suprised if NPR doesn't volunteer it.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03