PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite pampered chef purchase?

s_gosney
10-02-2004, 12:38 AM
I have to think of something to order asap. I hate feeling like this, but my friend just started selling PC stuff, and I feel like I have to order something. I missed her show last weekend, and she's sending in the orders tomorrow, so I have to decide right away. I'm trying to not spend too awful much if possible. Any recommendations? TIA!

jbowman
10-02-2004, 12:42 AM
Sherri,

I hate things like that. I went to one of those parties a few years ago and bought a garlic press--it is pretty inexpensive and it is nice. HTH!

DebbieJ
10-02-2004, 12:45 AM
Their egg slicer and vegetable peeler are both great products.

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

Dcclerk
10-02-2004, 01:13 AM
I think their baking stones are phenomonal. Not the cheapest item but so useful and so much better than my metal baking sheets.

s_gosney
10-02-2004, 01:18 AM
I've just been looking at these. I think I'm going to get the rectangular one and the rack. It's certainly not cheap, but I'm so sick of cheapie baking sheets. If dh protests, I'll just tell him this means I'll be baking more...maybe.

luvbeinmama
10-02-2004, 01:36 AM
ITA about the stones, they are GREAT! Also, they have a really nice can opener (a no-sharp-edges one), and their apple peeler/corer/slicer is great, too. Their bamboo cooking spoons work really nicely, I love them. These are what I use all the time.

khakismom
10-02-2004, 01:42 AM
I just got the kichen shears/cutters/whatever recently when a GF from work started selling it and, like you, I felt like I had to order something. Well, I don't know how I survived so long without these things! They are fabulous and so multi-purpose. Plus, they were only like $16.

Good luck! :)

jubilee
10-02-2004, 01:52 AM
I have the slicer, shreader, grater unit, and although it is not one of the cheapest items- I really love it. I also have their small cutting board (it's like 4x6") and I think it's great too, and it's cheap. I got it for free with my order, but I'd love to get a second one. I also have the stoneware pie pan, and it's not wonderful or worth the price.

almostamom
10-02-2004, 02:33 AM
I have many of the things already mentioned and I honestly really like everything I have from PC. But..... my all time favorites are the spatulas - you cannot destroy thise! They go through the dishwasher just fine and come out feeling like brand new. The mini chopper (I think that's what it was called) was also a favorite of mine until it was lost in a move.
~Linda~
http://lilypie.com/days/041117/0/0/1/-7/.png

suribear
10-02-2004, 02:43 AM
I love the chopper.

Kris

lfp2n
10-02-2004, 08:42 AM
I have the pizza stone- good but pricey, can opener-OK, egg slicer-broke on first use, and the batter bowl- its a heavy glass jug/bowl with a plastic lid-thats been really useful have used it loads and it wasn't that expensive.

HIH

Lucy DD 3/03

ETA new avatar, sorry try again

DDowning
10-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Of the stones, I have the pizza round, rectangle and toaster oven size ones. I also have the garlic press, the chopper, small spatula, small pitcher, orange peeler (won this one), the dry measuring cup and spoons. The stones, like other said, are the most used, followed by the garlic press. The pitcher was great when C was on formula because of the built in mixing tool that made it easy to mix and store. Also loved the spatula - great for brownies and cookies! (need to order another one). The chopper is good but it makes a racket and freaks C out a lot. The most useless are the measuring cups and spoons. There's too much of a gap on the sliding tool and I can never get an accurate reading.

HTH!

rrosen
10-02-2004, 09:18 AM
There are two little items that are my favorite. The soap pump that makes hand soap into foam is great. It makes soap last forever and kids love it! I always kept one in my classroom at school too. I also love the small cookie/brownie offset spatula. It is the perfect size for getting into a pan of brownies and taking out neat pieces or moving delicate cookies to a cooling rack.

LD92599
10-02-2004, 09:21 AM
I'm going to a PC party tonight so i'm in the same boat except that I already have quite a stash of PC stuff! Definitely order one or two of the $1 knives...they are super! I also love their spatula's and the chip clips.

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

divabell
10-02-2004, 09:22 AM
I have the measuring cup w/ one side for liquid/solid ingredients and one side for dry ingredients, and it's really useful if you bake a lot. Stuff like peanut butter just slides right out! I do like the adjustable measuring spoons but the adjustable measuring cup isn't as good.

MelissaTC
10-02-2004, 09:29 AM
I LOVE Pampered Chef! I own about 6 baking stones and love them all. I also LOVE their cutting boards. I own all of them and even have 2 of the medium size. They are awesome!

amazz
10-02-2004, 01:06 PM
LOVE the ice cream scoop--it has some liquid in the handle that melts the ice cream and you get perfect scoops everytime. And I agree with Becca about the soap pump too!

Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

DebbieJ
10-02-2004, 02:00 PM
>egg slicer-broke on first use,

they have great warranties, so you should be able to get a replacement

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

billysmommy
10-02-2004, 03:33 PM
We have their knives and steak knives set. I hosted a party and got these as my 1/2 price hostess gifts. They are great, a little expensive for PC but not as expensive as Henckels which we also have and they are comparable, actually DH likes the PC ones better.
I also LOVE their scoops for the muffin tins, kind of like an ice cream scoop in that they have the handle that you squeeze to get the stuff out. We have all 3 sizes but mostly just use the smaller 2. The smallest one is the perfect size for any mini muffin tin. The middle size one is perfect for any regular muffin tin, they hold just what you should put in the muffin tin, I am always such a bad judge of that so these are a big help. The middle one is also the perfect size for just about any type of cookie. It definately helps when making cookies and it goes much quicker.

mamahill
10-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Things I'd recommend - any one of these would make a great addition to your kitchen:
Quick-Stir Pitcher
Small Mix&Scraper
Mini serving spatula
Utility Knife
Medium Cutting Board
Stoneware Bar Pan
Chip Clips
Korintje Cinnamon (this is the cinnamon they use at Cinnabon)
Food Chopper
Easy Accent Decorator

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those. I sell the stuff (though I'm going on hiatus soon) and some things I wouldn't recommend. But all of the above are glorious, IMO.

mamahill
10-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Things I'd recommend - any one of these would make a great addition to your kitchen:
Quick-Stir Pitcher
Small Mix&Scraper
Mini serving spatula
Utility Knife
Medium Cutting Board
Stoneware Bar Pan
Chip Clips
Korintje Cinnamon (this is the cinnamon they use at Cinnabon)
Food Chopper
Easy Accent Decorator

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those. I sell the stuff (though I'm going on hiatus soon) and some things I wouldn't recommend. But all of the above are glorious, IMO.

luvbeinmama
10-03-2004, 02:11 AM
Ooooo... yeah, I forgot about the ice cream scoop, the best I've ever used (only don't put it in the dishwasher)!!! And they have a small little narrow spatula that works great for brownies, etc. that I use all the time.