PDA

View Full Version : What invention would make your life easier?

Java
10-02-2004, 12:47 AM
I'm sure we all have gone through moments where we've thought "man, if only I thought of that..." (i.e. POST-IT notes!!).

As I spend yet another mealtime picking up yet another sippy cup off the #$%* floor, I started thinking about what inventions would make my life simplier...

1) A highchair with short bungee cords attached all around the tray to keep sippies, toys, bowls in easy reach as they are flung across the room.

2) A mechanical arm that can be attached to the crib that would pat DS's butt all night long so I can get some sleep.

What would make your life easier??

rrosen
10-02-2004, 09:21 AM
A vaccuum that attached to my dog and caught the hair before it hit the floor. I could vacuum twice a day and still we would be living with hair tumbleweeds all over the place. You should see what my daughter looks like when she has been running around the house in a fleece sleeper for a while. That dog is lucky we all love him as much as we do.

crl
10-02-2004, 01:45 PM
A crib that duplicates the feeling of being in a moving car or stroller so ds would take naps without me driving around or pushing him around.

Thatchermom
10-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Okay, so there actually IS such a thing. When DS was small and we said that, some friends lent us a small motor that attached to the bottom of the crib and made it feel like a car moving. It was invented by the dad of a very colicy little girl who said the same thing you did! It only worked for us after DS had actually fallen asleep in the car, but his little version of magic fingers did give us a few nights of sleep we wouldn't otherwise have gotten. You can find your dream at http://www.sleeptightinfantsoother.com/

psophia17
10-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Some sort of wearable meter that would make me not want to eat more cookies, candy, cake, and other assorted goodies than I know is good for me on any given day...

A funnel that would attach to the high chair and shunt all the food that DS drops over the side directly into the garbage...

A guard on DH's wallet that only lets him take out money or credit cards when he's buying something that we need or an inexpensive and thoughtful present for me...

-Petra

DS - Nathan, 12/29/03

crl
10-02-2004, 09:35 PM
wow.

brigmaman
10-03-2004, 04:30 AM
Hmmm...have they come out with a money tree yet?

jubilee
10-03-2004, 04:49 AM
Diaper rash ointment in a roll-on style.
A transporter, like Star Trek, so I could beam to my son's school, the store, etc and not waste time driving.
A sleep restorer. I can never sleep anymore. Insomnia kills me.

lisaE
10-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Baby Xanax ;)

crayonblue
10-03-2004, 04:05 PM
1) A robot who would cook healthy meals for me. And do the grocery shopping. I like coupons so the robot would need to clip coupons also.

ritacheetah
10-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Some sort of door remote for letting the dog in and out. One that would sense when he wants out and open the sliding door for him and then again when he wants back in.

And how about an extra cordless phone that doesn't do anything but make the same noises as the regular one when buttons are pushed, but looks exactly like the original.

Some sort of Velcro suit so the baby would stick to you when you pick them up but keep your arms free and your back un-hurting but doesn't take the time it takes to put them in a sling.

HEE HEE....

Tracy
Mom to Victoria
12-20-03

TahliasMom
10-04-2004, 02:20 AM
actually there is a diaper rash ointment in a roll-on style! check it out! http://thenaturalnewborn.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=15

:)
Katherine