PDA

View Full Version : final interview for nanny

nathans mom
10-04-2004, 01:07 PM
I've read a lot about how to look for a nanny and some of the questions to ask, but I have an unusual circumstance in that I am very close to hiring my neighbor's aunt (the aunt was a nanny to the neighbor's 5yo,2 yo before nbr left her job-(job moved elsewhere))

I can't really do a credit check/background check on the nanny candidate, but she seems fantastic and the 5yo and 2yo are in love with her as she is utterly devoted to them. My neighbor has given me a glowing (of course) recommendation, but also admitted things that she wished they had worked out better (TV watching).

I have discussed tv with the aunt already and feel pretty comfortable with her. I admit to feeling like, why not take her rather than go with a completely unknown nanny that I have to do all of that searching/investigating.

She's met my 6 mo old and has been very interested in him and our offer.

please help, gotta decide soon

Pam

Mom to Nathan (our little Easter surprise)

McQ
10-04-2004, 02:51 PM
I got my nanny from my neighbor (nanny not a relative) and I didn't do a background check on her. This is a woman who had been in my neighborhood for 2 years, who I had seen, seen with the child and I had talked with my neighbors about at length with. When I was on maternity leave I spent time in the neighbors home with the nanny to see how she was with my child. I felt comfortable with it and it's been great. The love and care this woman has for my children has been incredible. Hope it works out for you.

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

Marisa6826
10-04-2004, 02:55 PM
A-

You cleverly left out that your Nanny is SOOOO good, the previous family stalks her! :P

hugs

-m