PDA

View Full Version : Another ear infection and tubes again!

TaChapm
10-05-2004, 04:14 PM
I am at my wits end here. Jackson hasn't been feeling well since Friday. He has been waking up 4-5 times a night and just screaming. Today I took him to the doctor because last night his nose started running and he came down with a cough only to find out that one of his tubes is completely out and the other is just barely in there. In the ear that the tube is out he has a terrible infection (no fever). She said that he will have to have a 3rd set of tubes put in ASAP. This makes ear infection #16 or 17 (too d@*m many!) and the 3rd set of tubes in 23 months. It is almost unheard of to have 3 sets put in. THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!! Someone please tell me that Jackson isn't the exception to the rule. I am picturing us 15 years down the road still getting a yearly set of tubes put in. Seriously...I'm bumed out and don't want my sweet little guy to go through this again. To top it all off his ped also put him through allergy testing today to find out if he is allergic to eggs (we think he is). She really wants us to get a flu shot in the next week or two. I know this is soooo minor compared to Levi, Allie and Sam but I just can't believe that we are going through this AGAIN!
Thanks for listening.
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

http://lilypie.com/baby2/021110/1/5/1/-6/.png

babymama
10-05-2004, 04:31 PM
Tara,
I am soooooo, so sorry that your little guy is going through all of this. I don't have any expertise to tell you that the repeat surgery is not normal. I do know however, how agonizing it is to see my baby repeatedly getting poked, stuck, prodded, etc. It's terrible. So I can only imagine what it must be like for you right now. Please keep us updated.

Hugs to you mama,

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03