PDA

View Full Version : HEY my city is the center of attention on friday!!!!

JulieL
10-06-2004, 10:59 AM
I'm so excited to see the presidential debate in St. Louis. I love my city so much and it seems people don't know much about it or think it's not very exciting. This is such good "advertisement" for the city of St. Louis. Anyway this is so exciting, the whole town is buzing! Mrs. Kerry was here yesterday for a talk of her own. I wish Laura Bush was coming for a talk as well. Anyway just thought I'd point out how great St. Louis is! :-)

jbowman
10-06-2004, 11:41 AM
I think St. Louis is a great city as well! I always enjoy visiting. Sounds corny, but my favorite thing is the Arch! I'm an art historian, and it is Saarinen's masterpiece as far as I am concerned! I also love the St. Louis Museum of Art.

crayonblue
10-06-2004, 12:34 PM
How exciting! I would love to attend a presidential debate. Any chance you can attend?

DH and I spent a few months in St. Louis for DH's work project. We loved C. Whittaker's restaurent in Central West End. Really yummy hanger steak and a brownie soaked in Bailey's and topped with icecream!

JulieL
10-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Well if you love art you HAVE to visit this place:

This museum is the most unusual place I've been to, very neat!

http://www.citymuseum.org/

JulieL
10-06-2004, 03:43 PM
I live in Clayton, just by CWE! I love this area!

lizamann
10-06-2004, 05:23 PM
I lived in the CWE for a year and worked at Wash.U. I LOVED St. Louis! But it seems like even those who live there have an inferiority complex - whenever people found out I was from Chicago, they would sort of apologize for their "lame" city. But I couldn't disagree more!

We ate at the cool CWE restaurants all the time, I loved the South Grand area (Pho Grand!), loved the gorgeous parks, the cultural instutions are first rate, the crowds and parking are manageable...what's not to love? I also loved the fact that winter averaged 10 degrees warmer than here!