PDA

View Full Version : I had an u/s today...have a question!

sbjf
10-06-2004, 02:09 PM
So we had another u/s today and all looks good with our little surprise, h/b measured 151. However, we didn't see any baby movement but the tech said that's normal. I of course need to check with the masses here and find out from you all, is that normal? I'm in my 10th week of pregnancy, baby measured fine, but was just laying there looking at us. You can go to this link to see pics of the u/s (the 7w u/s pics are there, too)... http://www.babyfriedrich.com/gallery/baby2-sonograms

Anyway, anyone here have an u/s in the 10th week and see or not see movement? I'm not worried really, but I am curious.

Last pg I didn't have a 10 week u/s, just 12 and 13. Today's u/s was a surprise actually, only had because the midwife couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler, can you say anxiety!?

Thanks!

ismommy
10-06-2004, 02:23 PM
I had an ultrasound with Bella at 10 weeks and with X at 9 didn't see movement either time. Bella is here and is fine and X moves tons now so I wouldnt worry. Not sure if I said it but congratulations!
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

Marisa6826
10-06-2004, 03:12 PM
The baby could have just been sleeping. As long as the HB is that good, no worries!!!

I would routinely have to drink apple juice to get Sophie to move for an u/s.

hugs

-m

redhookmom
10-06-2004, 03:14 PM
My dd was always sleeping during ultrasounds. It seems that she was planning on getting lots of sleep so that she would not have to take naps later on!

egoldber
10-06-2004, 03:19 PM
I recently had ultrasounds as 9, 10 and 11 weeks. We saw no movement at 9 and 10 weeks, but I did at 11 weeks. But I think that no movement is normal in the early weeks.

HTH,

TaChapm
10-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Bonnie,
I just looked at your album and John is such a cutie! He is getting so big. Seems like you just had him.
I'm glad everything is going well with baby #2. We had 2 ultrasounds at 9 weeks with Jackson and he wasn't moving for one of them. As long as there is a heartbeat our OB wasn't concerned.
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

http://lilypie.com/baby2/021110/1/5/1/-6/.png

Saartje
10-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Wow, am I the only one whose baby did move at 10 weeks? I had a 10-week ultrasound with Isaac, and he was jumping up and down, shaking his head, and waving his stubby little arms and legs, apparently in protest over the noise the ultrasound makes in the womb.

That said, I'd take your ultrasound technician's word on this being normal -- along with the experiences of all the other mommas in this thread. ;)

amp
10-06-2004, 05:50 PM
I had a 10 wk US and baby was moving, but if the tech and the doc aren't concerned and say it's normal, and all these other mamas are confirming that, then I wouldn't worry.

Oh, and our pregnancies parallel yet again...the reason they did the 10 wk, informal, unscheduled US w/ old equipment was because we couldn't hear the heartbeat due to my uterus being tipped back just a little too far, and I panicked! So my wonderful OB pulled an old US machine into the room and goaded my DH into helping her work the dinosaur so we could see him on the screen. I was so grateful!

Hang in there and try not to worry! Hugs mama!

sbjf
10-06-2004, 10:57 PM
You all are so sweet and have made me feel much better, thanks! It's good to see that movement or no movement is normal at this stage. Thanks to those who peeked at my albums, too!

Andrea, how funny that we are parallel again! And you know what else is weird? Your due date with number 2 is the exact due date I had with John, ha! Let's hope we don't have any kidney or other issues this time!