PDA

View Full Version : OMG, They're Moving Sesame Street!

Kieransmom
10-07-2004, 08:53 AM
I'm in the Philadelphia area and saw today that as of the 11th of October the 6:30am Sesame Street will now be on at 10am. They're replacing it with some Maya and something cartoon.

I don't know about you but my son's morning routine consists of 6:30-7:30am Sesame Street on PBS and then 7:30am Wiggles on Playhouse Disney. That's all the TV he gets all day and they're moving it. At 10am we're out and about. I mentioned it to my working friends and their kids watch it before work/daycare.

Check your local programming to see if they're doing it to all the stations. And if you object write to www.pbs.org and your local station. (mine's www.whyy.org)

Thank you!
Michelle
Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03

egoldber
10-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Well here our Sesame Street is on at 10:30. :)

And if this is the first move they've made, count your blessings!!! My local PBS station (WETA) routinely shuffles their morning show line-up with little to no notice. Extremely annoying for those of us with everything all set up to tape automatically!!!!

jamsmu
10-07-2004, 11:26 AM
Michelle, I'm sorry for you, but so happy for me!! DS has never seen Sesame St. because he doesn't get up till 7ish. Maybe he'll finally get to see eelMO! (his stuffed toy and book character) IRL.

Momof3Labs
10-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Sesame Street is already on at 10am here (has been for a long time), so Colin rarely sees it since we are usually out and about at that time!

amp
10-07-2004, 12:21 PM
I think it's normally on at 10am here too, but we rountinely catch it from 8-9am, in what I assume are repeats since I've been watching the same danged shows since last year!

Jeanmick
10-07-2004, 02:02 PM
What a bummer for you. Sesame Street is on at 10:30 AM where we live. Maybe you could tape it every 10:00AM and then play the tape 6:30AM the next day? Hopefully that'll help your child's routine.

redhookmom
10-07-2004, 02:36 PM
It seems that the whole line up, at least on our tv, gets changed a couple of times a year.

Maybe you could get some videos...

mamagoosie
10-07-2004, 04:19 PM
More than any other appliance in my house, I love my TiVo. We TiVo Sesame Street every day and have about 10 episodes saved.

Not only is it great for my kiddo, but I am no longer a slave to the networks--plus, no commercials.

C99
10-07-2004, 05:33 PM
We don't watch Sesame Street, but we do watch The Wiggles...on the TiVo. It's a good way to queue up episodes for later viewing without being awake/around at the time the show is on. :)

hardysmom
10-07-2004, 05:45 PM
I can totally relate!!

When Disney replaced the 7 am Wiggles with Higglytown Heros (UGH!) I didn't know what I was going to do. Major crisis in our house, lol...

In Tulsa, Sesame Street is on at 8am... Odd that the times are all over the place. PBS drives me nuts with scheduling... like, all of the sudden, with no notice, a revolutionary war show will be on instead of Telly Tubbies. Just for one random day. Nothing against the founding fathers, but it really isn't the same audience, you know?

Stephanie

Sarah1
10-07-2004, 05:51 PM
One word: TIVO!

That sucks.

brubeck
10-08-2004, 12:00 PM
Here it's on at 8:30. If for some reason we have to miss it (or if it's a weekend and the kids are demanding it anyhow) then I pull our a Sesame Street DVD. They're not too expensive and you can get a whole bunch.