PDA

View Full Version : Where would I see "tooth buds" if they're coming in?

Judegirl
10-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Are they bumps on the front of her gums? Because there are definitely two noticeable bumps there...but nothing bumpy along the top or bottom edges of her gums. We're pretty sure she's in some teething discomfort (other signs are there), but I'd like to know what visible evidence to look for in her mouth!

Thanks much!

Jude

Marisa6826
10-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Well, Riordan is only four months old. It takes several months for them to come up out of the jawline and move up through the gums. You can definitely see white lumps under the gum before they break through.

Sophie was seven months before her first tooth came. Her second one came in two months later.

-m

Judegirl
10-07-2004, 03:13 PM
She's five months, actually. :) And everyone in dh's family had teeth by four months - all 5 of his siblings. My brother and I had them at 6 months...so we're on the lookout! (Trust me, I'm in NO hurry for this!)

But are the lumps visible from the front, or from the bottom?

Thanks, Marisa!

Jude

icunurse
10-07-2004, 03:32 PM
If I'm understanding you correctly, the front lumps come before the actual teeth. DS has had tooth-shaped lumps on the front of his gums for a couple of months now, but he is finally getting white lines on the top of his gums (mostly noticible when he smiles).
Traci
~Connor's Mom~
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050204/1/0/1/-6/.png (http://lilypie.com)

daisymommy
10-07-2004, 06:33 PM
They are usually noticeable from the bottom. And for what it's worth, Joshua got 2 teeth at 4 months, and 2 weeks later got 2 more. He hasn't quit with the teething ever since! It's crazy trying to keep up with him!

sugarsnappea
10-07-2004, 08:36 PM
I saw the lumps, then the gums turned white, and then a tiny piece of tooth peeked thru. The bottom 2 were the first to appear. Both my girls have been early teethers. Noraa is 8 months and has 6 teeth. She had 2 by 4 1/2 months. :)

Tori_s mom
10-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Tori got her first tooth (bottom incisor) through on her 5 month b-day. The second broke the surface the next day. Now at almost 7 months, she seems to be working on the top front teeth. She has a ridge on the gum that is tooth shaped.

Tasha

Tori (3/11/04)

g-mama
10-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Benjamin is 13.5 months and I just saw the white buds on his bottom jaw this week - I can't believe he STILL has no teeth! It will look so strange to me when he has teeth after seeing him for this long with none. My older ds had his first two at 8 months.

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03

aliceinwonderland
10-10-2004, 04:39 PM
We have the same with Erik--nothing noticable on the edges, but definately two white thingies (don't know what to call them lol), in front of his gums, upper ones...Almost looks like he's getting his teeth in the wrong place!!