PDA

View Full Version : What do I do about moths eating my sweaters?

brigmaman
10-08-2004, 04:54 AM
We've lived in our house for over 5 years and for the first time moths have destroyed sweaters that were stored in 2 different closets. It's pretty gross to put on a sweater and realize something has been eating it.
So what can I do? My mil had this problem last year and it was a huge process to fix the situation. (She doesn't communicate very well, so I don't know exactly what she did. Plus, I'm pretty sure she went above and beyond what needed to be done.)
Ugh...I guess my sweaters were getting a bit ratty anyway. :(

Imperia
10-08-2004, 07:56 AM
Well moth boths are stinky, so I suggest cedar hangers. Supposedly insects do not like the smell of cedar and it keeps them at bay.

Marisa6826
10-08-2004, 09:31 AM
You can either have your DH line a closet with cedar planks (lumber stores and Home Depot/Lowes sell them), or you can store them in big Rubbermaid containers with chunks of cedar.

Time for shopping therapy? ;)

hugs

-m

brigmaman
10-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Lol, that's what I was thinking. I just went to the J.Crew outlet to get a few things so that I might attempt to look decent after Lulu is born. I bought a pink wool turtleneck sweater and I won't even bring it in the house until this is resolved! I realized that this is the first time I didn't store my sweaters in big containers for the summer. I just piled them in my closet. My own fault, but upsetting still. I'm going to investigate the cedar situation. I know it's stinky, but I'll deal I guess.

Marisa6826
10-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Hey-

You don't hear any gerbils complaining about moths do you? It must work :P

-m