PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Enterprise last night? It's a long shot, I know....

brubeck
10-09-2004, 11:32 AM
DH and I were so excited to have new Trek last night! DS was even wearing his Starfleet Academy romper pjs (although that was actually co-incidental since he often sleeps in them).

We were also pretty impressed. It was really good! The storyline is interesting and different and yet builds on things in past seasons. We hope that this is going to be a stroyline arc over the entire season (like last season with the Xindi). It was successful with DS9, hopefully they'll continue that theme here.

Anyone else watch?

Raidra
10-09-2004, 11:34 AM
I didn't watch.. I tried to get into it during the first season, but only made it about halfway.

But where did you get a Starfleet Academy outfit?! I would get such a kick out of that.

Gayletmomto4
10-09-2004, 04:31 PM
I was rushing the kids into bed to get to the Tivo! I thought it was a great show and am looking forward to it playing out.

Glad to know there are other Trekkies here!

amazz
10-09-2004, 05:13 PM
ACK! I missed it! Has it always been on Fridays? Oh well. Does anyone know if they will replay it?

Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

flagger
10-09-2004, 07:27 PM
It moved to Fridays this season. My schedule shows it will repeat on Sunday at 9pm Central on UPN at least here in DFW.

amazz
10-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Thanks, Flagger--I just checked that time slot and that's when it's on here, too!

Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

brubeck
10-09-2004, 11:04 PM
Actually Enterprise got significantly better in the third season, just like TNG, DS9 and Voyager.

The Starfleet Academy romper was actually a present for DD a couple of years ago (it's size 24 months). Some friends got it for us at Star Tre: The Experience in Las Vegas. DS has now almost grown out of it! It's plain white and has a logo with the words Starfleet Academy: Cadet In Training on it.

Even cuter is the little TNG shirt DH bought (also at ST:TE):

http://www.startrekexp.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=296

I matched it with some black leggings for DD when we went to the Grand Slam convention in Pasadena a couple of years ago. It was so cute! DS is about big enough for it now!

Generally you can find ST clothing at any convention, and the bigger conventions will carry a good selection of infant/toddler/kid clothing. You can also sometimes find things online.

HTH!

missym
10-11-2004, 12:18 AM
Our local paper had an article that said they were planning to do three-episode story arcs this season. They're in talks with William Shatner to guest star in an arc later in the season, according to the article. Hmmmm....

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif
18 months and counting!

Emmas Mom
10-11-2004, 12:25 AM
I thought I saw a preview with Brent Spiner guest starring too? :D

brubeck
10-11-2004, 12:33 AM
Yes I saw that on the nextie!

JElaineB
10-11-2004, 09:09 AM
I caught the rerun on Saturday night, but missed part of it because DS was not feeling well and woke up. Remind me never to watch Enterprise right before bed again, I had nightmares about aliens coming and eating/killing us! But it was a pretty good episode I thought. DH and I really liked last season too, but apparently most people didn't because the ratings were way down. The producers had to really sweeten the deal to get UPN to pick it up for this season (the producers want 4 seasons at least for syndication purposes). They aren't doing a full-season long arc but shorter arcs as a pp mentioned or self-contained episodes.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

mudder17
10-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Aww...dang, I thought DH had recorded it. But he didn't realize it was on again because of the changed time. Fortunately, we use snap stream to record all our shows and we can download a copy of Enterprise of the Internet. Can't wait to see it!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 7 months and counting