PDA

View Full Version : Update on Vicky (Vikivoly) and new baby!

vpalmer
10-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Vicki asked me to let everyone know how she and the baby were doing. Her DD was born Tuesday evening and the baby is doing great. Vicky said she has a lot of dark hair and great coloring. Vicki, however, had quite a few complications but she wants everyone to know that she is recovering well and will get to go home tomorrow. During delivery, right when Vicky was getting ready to push she had a seizure. She has never had a seizure before so it was totally unexpected. The amazing part is that when Vicky came out of the seizure, she insisted that she was able to deliver vaginally and had the baby completely naturally without even an epidural! Now that is one amazing woman if you ask me!! Unfortunately, the story gets a little worse; Vicky continued to bleed and the bleeding was so severe that she had to be taken to a women's hospital 2 hours away and have an emergency hysterectomy. There were some dark moments, but Vicky, being a fighter, pulled through it amazingly and is recovering faster than anyone expected. She is doing so well in fact that she gets to go home tomorrow and be reunited with her beautiful new daughter and her older DD as well. I told her everyone on the board was thinking of her and she wanted me to let everyone know what happened although she, being selfless, didn't want to scare any expectant moms with her story. Complications this severe are extremely rare and she has recovered from the entire thing and is doing extremely well now. Even the doctors at the women's hospital in a major city who deal with high-risk pregnancies everyday were amazed by her story! It may be a little while before Vicki is able to get online since her computer is on another floor and she obviously will have to take it easy for a while. I just wanted to let everyone know how Vicky is doing. I know we will all keep her in our thoughts and prayers as she recovers.

Veronica
Mom to Eva

pritchettzoo
10-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Please pass along congratulations and wishes for a speedy recovery. What a stressful situation for her.

We can't wait to see pics of the baby! :)

Anna

JElaineB
10-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Glad to hear the new baby has arrived and is doing well! But I'm very sorry to hear about Vicky's complications! I'm glad to hear she is recovering and resting. I hope she is fully recovered soon. Hopefully she can relax and can enjoy the new baby once she gets home.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

bluej
10-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Congratulations to Vicki and her family! My prayers will definitely be with her as she continues to go through what will hopefully be an uneventful recovery!

Marisa6826
10-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Veronica-

Thanks so much for this news. I've been thinking about her. I'm sorry that she's undergone such a terrible ordeal, but thankfully, it seems that the outcome will be a good one.

Please let Vicki know that she and her family are in our thoughts.

Can't wait to see pics

hugs

-m

ismommy
10-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks for giving us the update. I can't wait to see pics of the newest addition. I am glad Vicki is doing well after such complications. Please tell her she is in thoughts.
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

NEVE and TRISTAN
10-09-2004, 10:19 PM
OH Veronica, please let her know we love her and all of our thoughts and prayers are with her. She has always struck me as such a strength of a women so I read your story I felt like I knew her beyond cyber world and could imagine the strength she has.
And of course a huge congrats and that we can't wait to hear a name etc...

YOu know if she needs anything to let us know
email me directly if I can do anything that you can think of...
my first name @nc.r.com

Thank you for sharing!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* DOSSIER IN THE HANDS OF TRANSLATOR

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

new_mommy25
10-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the update Veronica. I've been checking the new arrival forum every day for news. I'm so glad that she has two beautiful, healthy DD's. I'm sorry there were complications and I am amazed at her strength. Vicky, We're all thinking about yoU!!!

brigmaman
10-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Please pass on our congrats on Vicky's new baby girl! Wishing her a speedy recover and sending hugs...

jec2
10-09-2004, 10:39 PM
sending a happy newborn hugs her way. I hope to hear more about the baby, is there a name? I hope her recovery continues to be quick and that she'll be up and at 'em really soon.

jbowman
10-09-2004, 11:46 PM
I am so glad that she and her baby are doing well. My thoughts are with her family.

Karenn
10-10-2004, 12:06 AM
Wow! I can't believe all that Vicky had to go through! Please do let her know that she and her new baby are in my prayers and that I'm glad she's recovering.

mamahill
10-10-2004, 12:37 AM
Wow! What an ordeal! Congratulations to Vicki and family, and best wishes for a thorough recovery. I hope she is getting the rest she needs, and happy in the love that surrounds her.

kthomp
10-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Oh, poor Vicky! I am glad she is okay now. I too hermoraged after delivery and although it was bad, luckily they were able to stop it. I know how scary that must have been for her.

Please pass along a big congrats on the new baby and tell her we're all thinking of her! Get well soon Vicky!

lrucci
10-10-2004, 12:50 AM
Veronica,

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad that she and the baby are doing well now. Please tell Vicki congratulations and that I wish her a speedy recovery.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

jamsmu
10-10-2004, 12:55 AM
Please send my thoughts and hugs to Vicky and her family. What an ordeal--and what a fighter!! Congrats to her on her DD!!

Mommie2MadLyn
10-10-2004, 01:53 AM
Please tell Vicky "Congratulations" from Madison and I as well! I'm sorry to hear about her tough ordeal, but very happy to hear that the baby is healthy and that mommy is recovering quickly!

jubilee
10-10-2004, 03:23 AM
Oh, Vicky- I am so incredibly sorry about the hysterectomy. I am just so, so sorry. My prayers will be with you, your new daughter, and family. But, of course congratulations on your precious new bundle!! I can't wait to see a picture. Much strength and health to you,

houseof3boys
10-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Oh my goodness what an ordeal she went through. Please send our best to her and the new little one!

She is amazing! :)

mary b
10-10-2004, 08:41 AM
OH VICKY!!
thanks Veronica for the update and congrats Vicky on your beautiful baby girl!! i have 2 girls 2 years apart and it's truly a wonderful, crazy ride!!! welcome to it and I am so sorry that you had to have a hysterectomy and i hope you are recovering ok!!!

please take care,

mary
mom to Noelle and Lindsey

mommd
10-10-2004, 09:52 AM
Wow, Vicky, I don't know what to say. So sorry about the complications, but happy you have a healthy baby. Thanks Veronica for sharing the story with us.

marinkitty
10-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Vicki! Congratulations on the arrival of your new little girl. I'm so so sorry about the ordeal you went through and hope the recovery continues to progress quickly and well. Can't wait to see pictures and hear how the new sisters are getting along!

Veronica - thanks so much for the update. I was so glad to see some news!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

calebsmama03
10-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Oh my! Please pass my best wishes along to Vicki and her new DD. What an awful ordeal to have to endure, but I'm so thankful she is recovering and will be home soon.
Big hugs to her!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]

McQ
10-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Glad to hear Vicki is doing so well. Amazing woman indeed.

Looking forward to when she's feeling better so we can all hear about her DD.

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

parkersmama
10-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Wow, Vicky! What an amazing story. I'm glad that things are going to be okay and you're coming home. Also, congrats on your new baby girl! :)

thanks for keeping us filled in, Veronica!

deborah_r
10-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Thank you for sharing Vicky's story, Veronica. I hope she has an uneventful recovery, and please send on my congratulations on the birth of her new daughter!

mudder17
10-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Veronica, thanks for sharing the news about Vicky. Vicky, first off, congratulations on the birth of your dd! I admire your strength, and I'm so sorry you had to go through the seizure, bleeding and hysterectomy! I'm glad you are recovering and with your beautiful daughter. I will keep you in my prayers as you continue to strengthen and heal!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 7 months and counting

mharling
10-11-2004, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the news, Veronica. I'm glad to hear Vicki's doing OK; that sounds like quite an ordeal! I'll be thinking of her and the new little one and anxiously awaiting pictures. :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

sugarsnappea
10-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Oh my goodness! Positive thoughts for a healing recovery. :)

amp
10-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Please tell Vicky congrats on her newest addition and that I am thinking of her as she recovers! Vicki - Good work mama! You are amazing!

chrissyhowie
10-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Wow! What a scary experience for Vicky and her family! Thank goodness both mom and baby are doing well.

Big congratulations to the brave mom and her new bundle of joy!

jk3
10-11-2004, 12:43 PM
Wishing Vicki a speedy recovery + congratulations on the new baby. =)

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png