PDA

View Full Version : OT: Have you ever gone back to hairdresser a couple days later??

kelly ann
10-10-2004, 04:50 PM
I need your advice!

I got my haircut on Friday and he gave me what I wanted (layers with a small flip at the bottom). However, I can't get the hair to flip since I have fine straight hair. And now I just don't like how it looks on me - makes my face look long. Anyway, I would like to just chop off the flip at the bottom. Should I call my guy up to see if he can do it? Do I have to pay for this? I already paid $60 :o for the haircut and don't want to lay out anymore money.

Thanks!!!

jd11365
10-10-2004, 04:56 PM
Absolutely call him, and you shouldn't have to pay for it. You might have to pay for the blow-out though because of the time factor, so schedule it on a day where you want great hair. ;)

Tell him the truth and see what he says. I used to work in a salon...though I wasn't a hairdresser...and I can honestly say they would rather you happy as a repeat customer than unhappy and have only made $60 bucks. I just got my hair highlighted right before the Chicago retreat and the woman made me waaaaay too blonde. I hated it. When I got back, she threw in some lowlights to take it down a notch and I was much happier. She will get my business again. Let us know it goes!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

memedee
10-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Definitely go back.I find it is not what you say but how you say it.
Non judgemental works!!

KrisM
10-10-2004, 05:50 PM
I've never gone back, but once when I had a drastic style change, my hairdresser told me that they have a 1 week guarantee. She said if I had any issues with it to just come back and she'd do her best to fix whatever - at no cost.

stillplayswithbarbies
10-10-2004, 11:08 PM
I went back once for the same reason. I wanted it to flip and fine straight hair does not flip. I called the owner of the salon and she cut it herself and did not charge me. She said he should have told me that style would not work with my hair. I've been going to her ever since, and that was almost 3 years ago.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

kransden
10-11-2004, 12:18 PM
If you go back within a week, you should not be charged. That is pretty standard.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kelly ann
10-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks for your advice everyone! I may try calling today, but I am afraid if they cut anymore off the bottom I will look like a boy! I wanted an easier haircut and I think I spent twice as long on it this morning. I think I looked a little better this morning with the haircut because I put on some makeup and was dressed up for work :)