PDA

View Full Version : DH is in the hospital....

deenass
10-11-2004, 09:07 PM
And I feel terrible because I left him there. Maybe I should clarify, I sat in the ER with him from 8:30 this morning until 6:30 tonight when the doc indictaed that he would likely be spending the night in the ER since there were no beds available. We're glad he's in a room, we spent almost 2 hours in the hallway before the room in ER became available.

I feel crappy for leaving him there, but I've been up since before 5 am with DS and I just needed a break (and dinner and somewhere else to sit other than a small chair).

This is why I only have one baby (and probably will never have another one). Chronic illness SUCKS!!!!

Sorry, needed to vent.

ismommy
10-11-2004, 09:29 PM
I am sorry - chronic illness does suck. I hope he is released soon and that you have had a nice dinner and a realxing shower
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

ALLEYCAT
10-11-2004, 09:39 PM
OH no, I hope every thing will be ok. Don't feel bad about taking care of yourself, you have a baby to take care of also and you can not do that if you too are run down.
I hope you are all feeling better soon.

jbowman
10-11-2004, 09:43 PM
I hope that your DH is feeling better. I am sorry that you all are going through this. I think it is understandable that you'd need a break! Big hugs!

jk3
10-11-2004, 10:14 PM
I hope your DH is feeling better + is able to come home soon. It is important to take care of yourself. Sending positive thoughts your way. =)

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

Momof3Labs
10-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Aw, Deena, I'm sorry to hear this. But you need to take care of yourself and DS too, and you know that your DH knows that, right? Wish that I was closer and could pitch in to help, but sending healing hugs your way regardless.

Mommy_Again
10-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Deena, what is your husband in for? Sorry if I missed it...I am not the most religious reader/poster, but I try!

My husband was in the hospital for a week just a week ago, so I can totally relate (although it sounds like you might have done this before). He went in the day before we got hurricane #2 down here in Florida, so he stayed in while DS and I evacuated. Like we didn't have enough going on!

I found it was SOOO hard to juggle mommy/household duties with camping out at the hospital to talk to doctors, etc. My mom came down to help take care of DS and I have great neighbors who pitched in as well, but I always felt like no matter where I was, I should be at the other place. I hope he gets out soon so life start to get back to normal for you.

Hang in there, and know I am thinking of you.

jubilee
10-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry! Wishing him healing thoughts and hope he is home soon.

jec2
10-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Oh, a big hug. I wish I was there to help. Are you near family or have friends that you can call in to give you a hand?

deenass
10-12-2004, 12:02 AM
My husband has Crohn's and yes, we have been through this before, though it was while I was pregnant and we thought we were done (he had 2 surgeries the year I got pregnant).

THANKFULLY my parents are close by and have had DS all day (and tonight since I got home after he went to bed). They moved here after DS was born (because after everything we went through when I was pregnant my mom decided I needed them closer and G-d she was right!)

So tonight it's just me and the dog ... what a weird feeling to be in my house alone.

Thanks for your good wishes, hopefully I'll have better news to report tomorrow!

candybomiller
10-12-2004, 12:15 AM
Your family is in our prayers.

(((((HUGS)))))

NEVE and TRISTAN
10-12-2004, 02:42 AM
I really hope DH is feeling better and getting the hospital care that he needs, we are here for you...

staying beside your hubby in the ER for 10 hours when you have a little one is not leaving him. Once they get him settled in his room there is paperwork and some sleep to catch up on (ER's are not made to allow you to sleep well they are set up that way so folks don't stay around long).

ERs are draining!!!

But there is nothing you could do for him that you haven't done. things change when we have children. When I had my ectopic pregnancy when Tristan was 4-5 months old I actually sent Steve home with Tristan while I was wheeled upstairs for prep and for surgery and called him during the night to come get me when done. When we juggle little ones our intentions just change.

You are wonderful to have been there for 10 hours with what is on your plate.
HUgs to the family and hope you all get some rest!
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* DOSSIER IN THE HANDS OF TRANSLATOR

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

toomanystrollers
10-12-2004, 08:23 AM
I hope your husband is comfortable and back home to you soon!

hez
10-12-2004, 09:20 AM
I hope you're both feeling better very soon. Don't apologize for venting-- it's a very necessary part of maintaining mental health, IMO!

sugarsnappea
10-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Oh- I am so sorry. Please vent away...