PDA

View Full Version : Where to go for Holiday cards?

californiamom
10-12-2004, 12:05 AM
I am getting ready to order our Holiday cards but I am not sure where to go to order them. I've looking at the online digital prints places (Snapfish, Shutterfly, etc) but so far I haven't been impressed... I also called a local photographer bur her rates are a bit too high for us this Holiday season. So, where to you order your family's Holiday cards?

TIA!
Ana

Joshuasmommy
10-12-2004, 12:15 AM
Last year we didn't do holiday cards because our son was born November 26 so we just sent birth announcements but we had those printed at Costco. We will be using them for our Christmas cards this year, they do a great job and their price is so cheap!

jbowman
10-12-2004, 12:18 AM
Ana,

One of my former students is a graphic designer & is designing our holiday cards for us (she did our birth announcements last year). I am just sending her a digital pic. of Ellie and then she'll work her *magic*! I can't remember where we printed them though (it was an on-line printer)--if I can remember, I will post it here.

new_mommy25
10-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Try Rashmi!! (papal)

August Mom
10-12-2004, 12:20 AM
We've used Club Photo and Web Photos for standard 4x8 photo cards. If you want something fancier, try Ofoto. There are lots of different designs there as well as photo insert cards with different borders.

DebbieJ
10-12-2004, 12:27 AM
Another Costco fan here! We did joint birth announcement/holiday cards last year that read "Baby's First Christmas" and then listed all his stats. They were a hit!

Costco is debuting a new size/shape for their cards this holiday season. I haven't been in the store to see them yet, though.

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

Marisa6826
10-12-2004, 12:37 AM
www.exposuresonline.com has beautiful ones.

-m

Jen in Chicago
10-12-2004, 10:10 AM
Last year there was a thread about prices for a variety of places, I believe Sam's and Costco where the cheapest.

gour0
10-12-2004, 11:13 AM
Walmart has 4x8 cards for .40 ea. Clubphoto has cards starting at .52 ea, but I have a code for 20% off, which brings it to .42 ea I think. active20
I bought mine at Clubphoto during their September sale which was 40% off, plus I had an extra code for 50% because of an uploading issue. We got 100 cards for 16.80 including shipping! And, they look great. The more you buy, the better the price per card. And, they should run at least one more sale before the holidays get here. Check out their borders http://www.clubphoto.com/perl/app.pl/gifts/card_category_items?card_cat_id=14&group_id=188
I think they're very pretty.

californiamom
10-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Oooh, these are beautiful!! Thanks!! :-)

Ana

californiamom
10-12-2004, 11:34 AM
I hadn't thought of Costco! I will check them out. This will be DD first Christmas (she was born on Dec 26th!) so we are looking forward to it.

californiamom
10-12-2004, 11:36 AM
Oh, lucky you! Please share her *magic* with us when you get your Holiday cards. I would love to see them. :-)

Ana

californiamom
10-12-2004, 11:38 AM
This is why I love these boards! I had not heard of Club Photo or Web Photos before -- I will definitely check them out. Thanks!

Ana

amp
10-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Last year we bought ours from Target when we had our family portrait done and were very happy with the outcome. We have an appt. scheduled for this year too, and will likely buy greeting cards w/ our pics again.

However, I have been eyeing the ones in the Exposures catalog too, and if we get a great pic of the 3 of us that we have taken ourselves and can order in 4x6, then I would definitely consider using one of those cards!