PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for fundraiser/ holiday gifts

cdlamis
10-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Help! I am in charge of a small church fundraiser. I am supposed to have a booth at our Fall festival. After talking to other mothers, I want to sell something that people will buy anyway (like wrapping paper). Of course, I don't want to do wrapping paper because all the schools around here do that for their fundraiser.

What else could I sell? Any on-line companies for wholesale popcorn tins, or those holiday stacking boxes filled with goodies, etc? Any ideas??

TIA~

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
And another little girl EDD 12-30-04!!

rrosen
10-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Last year around the holidays, I bought huge tubs of frozen cookie dough from a friend's child. The cookies were fantastic. It was great to have around the holidays for those unexected visitors and last min. parties. I don't know the company but, maybe something like that?

cric
10-12-2004, 11:51 PM
I love those cookie dough tubs! They are so handy to have around. Now that I'm a SAHM I'll have to find someone that sells them. It used to be so easy in the office!

Jen in Chicago
10-13-2004, 09:13 AM
What about making those cookie mixes in jars that are easy to make? I have made waffle/pancake recipes like this, and have seen hot cocoa recipes too.

Other ideas....
Stocking stuffer kits (candy and goodies)
Chex mix is always a hit

With wrapping paper, you could sell gift tags that you could stamp, or recycle old cards to make.

Can you make bows?

Sorry, I am not creative today.

JLiebCamm
10-13-2004, 11:00 PM
Do you have to sell something new? At my church festival the Christian Mothers organization sets up a booth with used jewelry for sale. They always get plenty of donations and it's quite a hit. The bonus is that jewelry is small and lightweight, making it easy to get rid of whatever doesn't sell.