PDA

View Full Version : What will you do for your 5 year anniv.?

jamsmu
10-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Piggybacking off Jill's post, there are so many of us with 5-year anniv. coming up (or just had them). What are/were your plans??

momathome
10-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Dh and I went to Montego Bay, Jamaica for a romantic getaway. We really did not care for Jamaica, though - if we had it to do all over again, we would have returned to St. Thomas, which is where we went for our honeymoon. We still had fun, though. :)

C99
10-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Although we were living in San Francisco when we got married, we actually got married in Chicago and had our reception at a club right downtown. I no longer have access to the club, but we decided to spend our 5th anniversary right downtown as well. My mom came up and stayed with Nate at our house for the night and we stayed in a posh hotel in the Loop, and went out to dinner at one of Chicago's "most romantic" restaurants.

crayonblue
10-12-2004, 10:37 PM
We celebrated our 5 year anniversary a year ago. We flew to Las Vegas to see Celine Dion and then drove to the Grand Canyon and then drove to Phoenix to see the Diamondbacks play and then drove back to Vegas. We had lots of fun.

amp
10-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Well, when DH & I went on our honeymoon to Bermuda, we promised we'd try, try, try to make it back there for our 5 or 10 yr. anniversary or something. Ummm, it's not going to happen for our 5 yr. We will celebrate our 5 yr. wedding anniversary this May, and we expect to have a newborn keeping us up all night at that point. Our anniv. is May 20, and while the baby is due May 18, it is VERY likely that I will have a CS the week before, which means we will be at home with our baby when the date rolls around. Perhaps we'll be celebrating romantically in April instead?

jec2
10-12-2004, 11:05 PM
Every anniversary we go to a different state. For the 5th I'm pushing for Rhode Island. Each year we alternate who does the planning. This past (our 4th) I did the planning. So, DH's at the helm of this one.

LD92599
10-12-2004, 11:07 PM
We just celebrated our 5th a few weeks ago. The week before we did a family vacation to Niagara Falls. On the day of our anniversary, which fell on a Saturday, we had dinner at The Palm followed by tickets for Lion King on Broadway..with mom babysitting at home!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

octmom
10-12-2004, 11:14 PM
We went to Bermuda for our honeymoon too! Don't you love it there? We stayed at Elbow Beach and thought it was great. DH had a work trip there around two years ago and I tagged along. That time, we stayed at a smaller hotel closer to Hamilton, the Royal Palms. Also very nice, but I missed being on the beach. Our 5-year anniversary is next month, but I don't see any trips in the forecast. Oh well.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

octmom
10-12-2004, 11:16 PM
We spent a few days in Newport and Block Island in June 2003 and had a very nice time. The water was pretty cool, but since schools let out later up there, the island wasn't really crowded yey. DH and I really enjoyed both spots. Very pretty!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

amp
10-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Loved, loved, loved Bermuda and would move there in a heartbeat if they'd let ya! You have to be rich or marry onto that island! LOL! We got there via cruise ship and we were docked in Hamilton. We were supposed to go to St. Georges too, but the weather wasn't conducive to navigating the rocks there, so we stayed in Hamilton the whole time. We scoured so much of the islands from that side. It was breathtaking! That is why we promised ourselves we would go back someday. Once was not enough!

June Mommy
10-12-2004, 11:44 PM
We 'celebrated' our 5 year anniversary this June...I was 4 days overdue at the time! Needless too say we hadn't made any big plans since we expected to have a newborn, so we just went to dinner and a movie. We try to do a weekend trip for our anniversary every other year, so maybe we can do something fun next year.

hez
10-13-2004, 09:51 AM
DS was 13 days old-- So, needless to say, we had a quiet dinner at home, squeezed in during one of DS's newborn naps :) It would have been nice to do a weekend in Gatlinburg or a cruise, but I don't think I'd trade what we had for anything else!

kfcboston
10-13-2004, 09:57 AM
It's actually this Saturday, and we're headed out to a fancy dinner.

KBecks
10-13-2004, 10:40 AM
My 5 year anniversary is 10-23. I'm scheduled for c-section delivery on 10-18.

So, my hope for the anniversary is to have a little quiet cuddle time with DH. Also, I have to remember to get him a card and write a nice note!

We are going out for dinner at a top restaurant this Saturday -- 2 days before the birth. It will be a time to celebrate our marriage and our growing family.

KBecks

brubeck
10-13-2004, 11:19 AM
DH and I had our 5 year anniversary this past June. We took a cruise to Asia while Grandma and Grandpa stayed home with the kids. :)

jk3
10-13-2004, 11:50 AM
Our 5th is coming up next March. Last year we spent the night at a local hotel + enjoyed a dinner out + a night of uninterrupted sleep. Not the most romantic but necessary given our level of exhaustion! We'll probably do something similar this year but maybe change the local to a hotel in NYC or Boston. Luckily the inlaws were able to stay with our DS. That was the one + only night away from our DS which is interesting and about all we (and the grandparents) can handle at this point!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

Elilly
10-13-2004, 12:27 PM
We promised ourselves we'd go somewhere warm with a beach but that was before we had two kids in diapers! I still hope to go somewhere warm- maybe Mexico? Although I feel as if I'd rather save up for Disney for the whole family. Who would have known that our priorities would have changed SO MUCH!

RwnMayfair
10-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Ours was this past May, and had we been in the same country at the time, I'm sure we would have done something. Of course, he was overseas and I was here in the States, so my Dad took Taran and I out to dinner for both my five year anniversary and his (my Dad's) birthday. (They're on the same day.) Otherwise, my husband did send me some flowers, a balloon, some chocolates, and some earrings.

Now, for our 3rd anniversary we stayed at a Ritz-Carlton for a weekend on their club floor. (At least, I think that's what it was called.) You had to use your key in the elevator just to get to the area. It was the top two floors, had a lounge just for the people staying in that area with free drinks, appetizers, etc. He ordered champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for us one of the nights. It was very nice. :)

So hopefully we'll be doing something next year. ::grin::

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/041120/0/15/0/-5/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif

jd11365
10-14-2004, 01:09 AM
Took a cruise in the middle of a hurricane! Never made it to the Bahamas because the Bahamas had basically washed away at that point. Spent the whole time worrying about Kayla and our home instead. For the record, we never thought the hurricane was actually going to hit our home until after we left. Needless to say, it wasn't the most relaxing getaway, but we plan to make up for it big time on our 10th!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03