PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Dinner during the week- you can do it!

Jen in Chicago
10-13-2004, 01:19 PM
I made a turkey dinner on Monday and it was easy! Turkey always intimidated me, but not anymore. They were on sale ($.19 a lb!) so I could not resist. Here is what I did given we have limited kitchen stuff in our furnished apt:
Turkey -
bought a bag to cook it in
sprinkled Emerils Essence all over it(inside and out)
sealed it
placed in a 9x13 pan
cooked on 325 for 3 hours (the longest amt of time on the chart b/c I don't have a meat thermometer right now)

When it was done it feel apart, but was MOIST! I drained the fat and saved a bit for gravy

With it I served steamed spinach, frozen mashed potatoes and a can of cranberry sauce.

Easy and so good! I just enjoyed some leftovers for lunch.

The whole meal was less than 30 minutes of kitchen time.

I am convinced the fixings are the hard part, the turkey is easy!

You all could do this! I was home for part of the day, but admit I could not do this if I was not b/c of the 3 hours needed to cook/bake, but I put it in the oven and left the house for hours.

DebbieJ
10-13-2004, 01:36 PM
That's awesome!

I love doing turkey breast in the crockpot. I sprinkle it with an envelope of dry onion soup mix, pour in a can of cranberry sauce, and it's good to go! So yummy!

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

Marisa6826
10-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Sounds YUM!

I saw some ad in a magazine (Real Simple, maybe?) for a new turkey that comes in an oven proof bag, all seasoned and everything. You just put the entire thing in the oven and poof! Dinner!

I wish I could remember the name of the company. I am not able to do the grocery shopping at the moment (I write a detailed list and Jonathan and Sophie do it while I read in the car), but if I see it again, I will post the name.

Maybe somebody here knows what I'm talking about?

-m

daisymommy
10-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Jenny-O !!! I was planning to look for one of those next time I went shopping :)

Jen in Chicago
10-14-2004, 12:38 PM
Sounds yummy! I just bought the cheap turkey on special and some bags. I am a bit addicted, I bought one for the freezer and want to get another next time I go. I love a good deal AND good food.