PDA

View Full Version : What do you love about the fair?

vpalmer
10-13-2004, 02:53 PM
We took Eva to the state fair last night for the first time and she had an absolute blast. I have not been to the fair in years and I had forgotten all the things I love about the fair: the bright lights, the greasy food, and even the smelly animals. :-) So what do you love about the fair?

Oh, and I can't resist showing pictures of Eva and I at the fair!

Here we are sharing a corn dog. I usually hate hot dogs but sharing one at the fair with Eva made it taste great!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/14836.jpg

And here we are with the prize winning pumpkins and watermelons.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/14838.jpg

Veronica
Mom to Eva

bluej
10-13-2004, 03:16 PM
The food of course! The older kids love the rides and the fair takes on a whole new meaning then (need a vomiting smilie here) Thankfully DH's stomach can still handle the rides and he actually enjoys them.

Eva's a doll! Looks like you had a great time :)

Mommie2MadLyn
10-13-2004, 04:12 PM
We just went to the state fair here a few weeks ago. My enjoyment has changed since having Madison, I used to love the rides...but now I just love watching her go on all of the little kiddie rides!

The smelly animals are fun too! Madison got to pet some little piglets, and ride a pony. She had a blast!

And of course, the food is fun too! ;-)

BTW, I think your DD and mine look like they could be related! Both beautiful...of course!

C99
10-13-2004, 04:31 PM
I've never actually been to my state's fair, or any state fair, for that matter.

Puddy73
10-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Two words: Funnel Cakes!

Your pictures are precious - looks like you had a ball!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

mharling
10-13-2004, 05:23 PM
I've only been to the Iowa State fair and not as an adult. My favorite things were seeing the Butter Cow and riding on the double Ferris Wheel.

Great pictures!! Eva is absolutely adorable. :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

lisaE
10-13-2004, 08:49 PM
We just got back from the fair today! I love the food, and I love the atmosphere.

You and Eva are both just gorgeous!

octmom
10-13-2004, 09:19 PM
Ditto! It's all about the funnel cakes! :)

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

MartiesMom2B
10-13-2004, 10:32 PM
I'm glad that you posted this. Our fair is coming up and I was wondering whether or not to go. I didn't think there was anything for a toddler to do, but it looks like you guys had fun.

-Sonia

Karenn
10-13-2004, 10:52 PM
I've always loved the fair! We went this year with Colin and he LOVED seeing all the animals. We looked at ALL of the horses. Cows didn't really do it for him, but he could have spent the whole day looking at horses.

The food is also a favorite part of the fair- every time we go we make sure to get scones and stop at Young Life BBQ.

This year though, I'm convinced that it was walking around the fair that sent me into labor. We left the fair at 1pm and Claire was born at 10pm the same day. :) So now I'm even MORE fond of the fair!

C99
10-14-2004, 12:09 AM
Mary, did you know that the original design of the Ferris Wheel was for a double one? I thought that was really interesting when I read that.

mharling
10-14-2004, 12:11 AM
Nope, I didn't know that. I'll count that as my bit of trivia for today. :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

sbjf
10-14-2004, 12:12 AM
I love seeing all the happy families, laughing kids. That, and the funnel cakes and greasy food :-)

vpalmer
10-14-2004, 11:14 AM
Sonia,

Eva had a great time. I highly recommend the fair for a toddler, especially if she likes animals. Eva loved the animals. "Wow" and "ooh" were her two favorite words of the evening. She was in awe of the animals to say the very least. We went on a couple of rides, but only rides we could go on together like the carousel and some walk through fun house with a slide at the end.

Veronica
Mom to Eva

amp
10-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Veronica - Great pics! I haven't been to the fair in years, so I can't speak to that, but I saw that you said that Eva loved the animals! I am sure that she did! She loved the ones at Deanna Rose when you guys visited here! She kept trying to ooh and ahh and talk to the goats! Thanks for sharing the pics!

PS - You are gonna have to email some pics to me from your trip here!

dr mom
10-14-2004, 02:01 PM
I love the Iowa State Fair! Where else can you see life-size renditions of Garth Brooks and The Last Supper rendered entirely in butter? (Not, fortunately, co-existing in the same exhibit)

vpalmer
10-14-2004, 03:22 PM
You are right about the farm Andrea. I think the farmstead was Eva's favorite part of the trip to KC! I will send you pics today.

Veronica
Mom to Eva

babymama
10-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Cute, cute, cute!!!

Looks like you had a great time. I've never been to my state fair, but I think I'll have to keep it in mind for next year.

Thanks for sharing!

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03